Hid Kit Not Working? Help

mike280zx

hey guys i got a xenon hid kit, and i have it all hooked up right and they wont turn on. ive tryed 4 diff bulbs and 4 diff ballast. I red some stuff online bout messing with fuses, and bout relay harnesses??? I called the company that i got them from and they couldnt rlly help me. You guys got any advice???

Have you tried putting your stock bulbs back on? If so did they work? If not try taking out the proper headlamp fuse and putting back in. I had a similar problem only to find out that resetting the fuse reset it and then the HID's worked correctly. That's if the flipping of the connector doesn't work.

I have already tried flipping the conection with all of them and a still got nothing?? and when i put my stock bulbs in they work? So pull the fuse and and turn them on and then put the fuse back in??

Best thing you can do is grab a test light to see which side of your headlight plus is positive. Then match that up with the + on the ballast. If that does not work then you might have a bad ballast or bulb. Hooking them up in reverse might have blown them.

ya idk im gunna send them to the company a ge new ones, but i have 4 bulbs and 4 ballast so its hard to believe that none of them work. The company actually told me to flip them so thats there bad if they blew. Its frustrating cuz i know how to hook up hids and i know i got them right, i installed then on my 07 gxxr no problem but idk i geus i might jst take it to a shop and see if they know whats going on. O and do are automatic light have anything to do with it??

Best thing you can do is grab a test light to see which side of your headlight plus is positive. Then match that up with the + on the ballast. If that does not work then you might have a bad ballast or bulb. Hooking them up in reverse might have blown them.

ya idk im gunna send them to the company a ge new ones, but i have 4 bulbs and 4 ballast so its hard to believe that none of them work. The company actually told me to flip them so thats there bad if they blew. Its frustrating cuz i know how to hook up hids and i know i got them right, i installed then on my 07 gxxr no problem but idk i geus i might jst take it to a shop and see if they know whats going on. O and do are automatic light have anything to do with it??

Nope. Automatic lights is just a sensor that sits on top of the dash that senses when it gets too dark out.

What company did you get the HIDs from? Maybe this is just a sign of how crappy they are.

If you decide to go with a different company check out www.kryptonbulbs.com they have a great product at better than DDM prices

Just thought I would confirm that your putting it together the right way: Your stock connector should plug into the red/black wire harness that goes through the rubber grommet attached up near the bulb, then the other end of that harness should plug into the ballast. After that the output side of the ballast should plug into the other wires going through that rubber grommet, which is the supply to the bulb itself.

idk really know a comapny name, i think its like third gear something something lol, but they are jst like a distributer, but the other set of ballast are from a diff company but their sending me new ones. The brand is xenon so i would think they are good.

ya i checked thet sight from one of you previous post but i might wait a lil after this if this doresnt work cuz im tired of just throwing money as this. Yes am almost 99.9 percent i have these hooked up right i have done them before, but to me its rlly seems like the problem is within my truck, like something is stopping them from getting pwer or jst something i have to do but i have no idea haha

What company did you get the HIDs from? Maybe this is just a sign of how crappy they are.

If you decide to go with a different company check out www.kryptonbulbs.com they have a great product at better than DDM prices

Just thought I would confirm that your putting it together the right way: Your stock connector should plug into the red/black wire harness that goes through the rubber grommet attached up near the bulb, then the other end of that harness should plug into the ballast. After that the output side of the ballast should plug into the other wires going through that rubber grommet, which is the supply to the bulb itself.

• 2 weeks later...

well........... i got my hids working but its pretty dumb? i took to wires and ran them from too male end in tha clip from the bulb wires to the stock blug to the regular bulbs??????? wtf, its the way conection but when i plugged them in i could never get them to work wow hahaha but its w/e i geus, if you can get something to work the right way i geus you jst gotta jury rig it sometimes haha

UH>>>>>>>>>>>:blahblah::confused:

Ok so are you trying to say that you are using the HIDS without a ballast, or you are jumping the wires from the connector on the stock bulb to the connectors on the ballast?

hahaha no im using the balast. its hooked up exacty how its suppose to be but instead of conecting the the part that spose to plug into the stock conector (that stock bulb plugs into) i ran too wires from the pos and neg to the pos and neg on the stock conector. so its technally hooked up the same exact way.....but it wont work if i jst blug it in, like it cant get a good conection idk lol. but its works the way i got it hooked up so idc hahapost-22355-072644700 1301029317_thumb.jpg

UH>>>>>>>>>>>:blahblah::confused:

Ok so are you trying to say that you are using the HIDS without a ballast, or you are jumping the wires from the connector on the stock bulb to the connectors on the ballast?