Pulsing Lights Again!

Ok so i recently posted a post about my hour long drive and how my ligths started pulsing under throttle, well i recently took the alternator comletely out and took it to autozone for a test and they said nothing was wrong with it, however i did get my battery tested and they said it was no good, so i bought a new one. but guess what, yep pulsing lights again. i mean could it possibly be a ground or lose wire or something? note my volt meter is incosistent and does jum from under 14 to about 17 when this pulsing is occuring. i really think its the voltage regulator bet there telling me its not. please help - trev

yeah if your getting 17 volts something is weird in the regulator. most of the time their test isnt going to reproduce the same problem unless the alternator doesent charge at all. if there is an interminite problem they likely have no clue. it could be a groudn but highly unlikely if your seeing 17volts.

it would be nice if you could borrow and alternator to try out.

:withstupid: I had my alternator tested at three different autozones and it came back good everytime... turned out that the voltage regulator when bad. my alt would charge just fine at idle and cruise, but when I got on the throttle at more than 40% it would stop charging... to the point where the battery would start to drain if I stayed on the throttle to long.

it would be nice if you could borrow and alternator to try out.

Small town living here. I had flickering lights and went to a small alternator shop.

They gave me an alternator and said try it out and see if it corrects it. If so come back and pay for it then :pepsicheer:

It ended up fixing the problem.

Good Luck on your fix.