Serious Question Here

brobradh77

I feel you man, I have had my truck for almost 5 years and I am also starting to get new car fever, I want to keep my truck once is payed off but i keep thinking about how cool it might be to have a new truck maybe a Dmax

Go drive an 06 S4 with stick - PLUSH interior (mine had optional OEM CF beltline trim! and heated rear seats) V8 Power and Gobs of traction ! Then, if you can find one.... an 06 M3 Competition Pkg

Have fun !!

04-07 Audi S4's are a blast. Lots of V8 power and crazy grippping AWD. 340HP V8+3600lbs= AWESOME! I have also thought about once my truck is paid off buying one, so i can have a fun little car to whip around in but also have the truck when i get truck fever, but it also has AWS so you can drive it in bad weather if needed

If you're going to go through with it, de-mod the engine bay, sell it private party, and sell the mods for 1/2-off retail price.

Regret is a bitch.

Mr. P.

:withstupid:

Yeah the dealership is going to give you 20k for a stock SS and 20k for a heavily modified SS. If you were going to sell i would def put it back to stock and sell your aftermarket parts.

Good luck with the decission, I know its a hard one

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some goals withmy truck I havent achieved yet so I plan on keeping it...I am not nieve about what I can get on trade in and I know dealerships care nothing about extra mods....This has been on my mind for sometime....Thanks for the truck compliments and advice.....I bought a beater 2 years ago but every few months I had to dump a few hundred bucks into it and it wasnt dependable enough to drive out of town....I just want a 2nd vehicle that will be fun to drive and dependable

Brad go get a chevy cruze LTZ.... for 20K you get a nice plush interior, sedan you can fit everyone in, the long powertrain warranty, and 36 MPG HWY! I have been researching them since they hit the streets and the reviews look very good for a 20K car. Not to mention they are actually a good looking little car.... SEE.....

chevy-cruze-exterior_3.jpg

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)

I've had the itch lately to buy something new, but that would never involve getting rid of the SS. I bought that truck brand new off the showroom floor 7yrs ago and have never owned anything this long before. I've always traded my things in after 2yrs but this one is a keeper. When I paid the SS off 4yrs ago I went and bought a one year old 4Runner and now thats paid off. Buying the 4Runner was my best decision ever as I have never put a cent into it and the thing is still going strong like a brand new car, and still looks new. The trade in value of it is around 16k which could allow me to buy a nice GMC Denali, but I also still really like my 4Runner and love the no payment thing.

I only drive the SS on weekends and sometimes a month or more will go by before I drive it again and I think at times that maybe I should sell it to someone who would drive it more then me, but then I get into it and start it up and drive it out the driveway with a big smile on my face and all of the negative thoughts go away.

I'd just keep the truck an buy a new DD ... The SSS is your Baby ...

I've had my SSS since new (6.5 years). She's sitting in the drivewy with only 28K miles, and I barely drive her. Could I use the cash if I sold her? Absolutely. But I'd probably regret selling her, the day after it drove off down the driveway.

My 07 Infiniti FX35 is perfect for a DD. I've already put 8K miles on it since October, with no problems what so ever ... :thumbs: ... ... My DD Linky

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

traded mine for a VW GTI,cause the gas prices were murder,regret almost every minute,but i pretty much had no other option,good luck

Good choice - fun car.

I But I'd probably regret selling her, the day after it drove off down the driveway.

Had a VW GTI I bought new and drove daily for 11+ years, MANY crazy memories all around the country in that car. When the buyer backed out my drive the focker honked the horn as he pulled away. I couldn't talk for nearly 15 minutes or I would've cried....

• 2 months later...

Brad go get a chevy cruze LTZ.... for 20K you get a nice plush interior, sedan you can fit everyone in, the long powertrain warranty, and 36 MPG HWY! I have been researching them since they hit the streets and the reviews look very good for a 20K car. Not to mention they are actually a good looking little car.... SEE.....

chevy-cruze-exterior_3.jpg

Looked at one of these yesterday while have some warranty work done on the Tahoe. It was the LTZ with the RS package (fully loaded, black on black) Very nice looking car, kinda want one, would make a hellah good DD.