Front Differential Oil Question

Im thinking about changing the front diff oil in my 03 SS because ive been hearing a howling noise that sounds like its coming from the front and I just want to make sure everything in there looks good since I have to make the drive from Florida to Connecticut in a couple weeks. I was jus wondering what everyone uses or oil and how much oil the front diff actually take so I know how much to put back in and also how big of a container I need to drain the old fluid into. I also noticed it looks like I have a leak right where the front drive shaft goes into the front diff so I also just want to make sure theres enough fluid in there to get me home so I can have my shop do it instead of having a shop do it down here who I really dont know.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15972

Im thinking about changing the front diff oil in my 03 SS because ive been hearing a howling noise that sounds like its coming from the front and I just want to make sure everything in there looks good since I have to make the drive from Florida to Connecticut in a couple weeks. I was jus wondering what everyone uses or oil and how much oil the front diff actually take so I know how much to put back in and also how big of a container I need to drain the old fluid into. I also noticed it looks like I have a leak right where the front drive shaft goes into the front diff so I also just want to make sure theres enough fluid in there to get me home so I can have my shop do it instead of having a shop do it down here who I really dont know.