Tactical Rifle Suggestions

silverado777

Not a problem, someone claiming to be the "gun guy" should probably know something about firearms. COD doesn't teach you truths about weapon systems and neither does airsoft ... :jerk:

I also don't like seeing people being given horrible info about weapons, specifically about legal issues regarding the matter. It only takes a few nutbag blowhard idiots who abuse or misuse my beloved 2nd Amendment to screw the pooch for all of us. :flag:

I wish I knew AR's cause I have been wanting one but just don't know enough about them to drop a good chunk of $$$. The Saiga's I have seen are nasty and I want one but like mentioned the prices have went through the roof.

JerrysSS, We live in AZ so a class 3 is allowed if your licensed, not sure what the other requirements are needed but hell in AZ you can get just about anything

Yes I agree with both of you fox forma and blackerado, with that being said!! to the OP I've got a Rock River Arms, I love my rifle, I can't speak for every other one out there, I like mine a lot, never had a FTF, FTE, or anything of that nature!!

we can have full auto in MI. It will cost you. and then cost you every year after to pay for the license. Bump fire or poor man's machine gun will get you into trouble...

this thread is worthless with out a pic :)

post-2566-089804600 1301837976_thumb.gif

Personally I'm a DPMS or Armalite fan. I recently got a DPMS LR-.308 and love it, but it not a friendly carry rifle. It has the 24" heavy fluted SS barrel and it heavy ass hell. I have lighter rifles if I need to carry though. I personally like my choice because I favor shooting long distance. (500-1000m) and it is definately good at that.

If I were to buy a AR-15 right now I would go with a armalite for sure. Yes a few post above are correct in needing a Class 3 FFL and every automatic firearm must be registered. If I'm not mistaken it is a class 3 Felony which is about a bad as it gets for having unregistered un incensed fully auto firearms.

Good luck on your search and buy a quality weapon.

hopefully my next big firearm purchase will be a 82-A1 .416 barret. Just to say I have one :jester:

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)

Just bought the Spike's Tactical AR-15 with a flip up rear sight and a magpul stock. $906 with shipping. The only down side is the 6-8 week back order. Hope the world doesn't end before i get it! lol

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-midlength-le-carbine-p-443.html

I was late on the draw here. I can help you out if you ever look to build something on your own I work with a couple shops here in Vegas and we have put together some cool custom builds for guys in Arizona as well. I have a buddy that I assemble them for as well as pin and weld flash hiders for the cut down barrels to keep them legal.

I personally run a LWRC M6-A2 with a few extra goodies involved. It's a short stroke gas piston rifle. If I ever go class 3 and go full auto it's the cat's meow for heat with the piston system.

I think your really going to like the platform. It's something that customizing can never end.