Rear End Out Of Alignment?

blueracer

Awhile back I lowered my silvy another 2 inchs and while measuring to make sure the tires would clear the inner fender lips I noted my passenger rear tire was almost a half inch closer to the side of the wheel opening. I loosened up my ubolts to see if I could shift my axle alittle and i maybe got another 1/8th inch. My truck has never been in an accident that would result in the leaf springs or something being out of wack. Anybody have any ideas? could it have come from the factory like that? thanks guys

the bed has play as mentioned as all frames and suspensions arent exactly the same as far as alignment is concerned. though on the quadrasteers they actually require an alignment.

it could also be the chevy lean your speaking of which has to do with weight , side to side is a bit different because of the gas tank and driver being on the same side.

the bed has play as mentioned as all frames and suspensions arent exactly the same as far as alignment is concerned. though on the quadrasteers they actually require an alignment.

it could also be the chevy lean your speaking of which has to do with weight , side to side is a bit different because of the gas tank and driver being on the same side.

Yeah i measured and its the bed misaligned. When I was back home I had an engine in the bed, which is another story , :ph34r: and i measured half inch between axle and frame on both sides cuz the lean had crossed my mind. luckily when i had bottomed out with a load the lip barely touched the tread on the tire. It just put a faint line on about a quarter of the tire. I think i had seen a post of yours along time ago chase on another site where you had slashed up a tire on your camaro cuz of the lip. Glad I havnt put the notches on yet haha. Thanks for the help guys!

yeah that was me , i learned if your tire looks like it may hit the fender , roll them .

i need one of those things , thanks for the reminder , ebay time.

Eastwood has a roller for a reasonable price