Hid In The Drl Sockets

Hey there fellas, i have a quick question regarding my 99 silverados DRL. i have been searching online through google and cant see, to find what i am looking for. my question is this; is there any way that i can somehow remove the 3157 bulb that goes in the drl socket and swap it in with a hid bulb? i know it can be done because i have seen this mod on a sierra out here in AZ where i currently reside, well thanks for the tips and for your responses.

Hey there fellas, i have a quick question regarding my 99 silverados DRL. i have been searching online through google and cant see, to find what i am looking for. my question is this; is there any way that i can somehow remove the 3157 bulb that goes in the drl socket and swap it in with a hid bulb? i know it can be done because i have seen this mod on a sierra out here in AZ where i currently reside, well thanks for the tips and for your responses.

yes, a couple of guys on here have hids in their drls, search and im sure youll find a couple threads on them

yes, a couple of guys on here have hids in their drls, search and im sure youll find a couple threads on them

so you have seen it??

tell me how does it look, like does it really make the truck stand out?

if you could also provide me with some type of link to the threads that u have seen i would really appreciate itpepsicheer.gif

I used to have it done. It looked really good. I took them out cuz I bought new headlights and bumper lights. The chrome on the inside is actually pretty cheap and the heat from the HID's were too much for it. I used an H11 bulb with some black RTV sealant around it. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have it done. It looked really good. I took them out cuz I bought new headlights and bumper lights. The chrome on the inside is actually pretty cheap and the heat from the HID's were too much for it. I used an H11 bulb with some black RTV sealant around it. Hope this helps.

what wxactly did you do to achieve the modification? also what K were your hids