Molded Rollpan

Fill will eventually crack.

Its funny, I was the first to do this, YEARS ago... the truck has changed hands 2x since then and is still local to me and I see it all the time. The rollpan is still perfectly crack free.

Everyone said "Oh its gonna crack" or "shouldn't have done that b/c it'll separate" here we are, over 6 years later, and the FIRST ONE done is still in one piece. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/11017-rollpan-is-on/page__p__145684

Wow... weird to think its been that long since I had the SSS... I'm getting old. Heres some pics for reference -

Last picture I ever took of her before selling :(

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

And with Chase before he lost his damn mind and went HP crazy :)

DSC01268.jpg

If you do it right, it will not crack. That being said, I think the mounting system for the BSER pan is poorly designed. I think the one bolt on either side is not sufficient enough to hold the pan solid and that is why so many guys have seen them crack. It also has to do with the amount of time spent making the pan fit BEFORE filler is applied. I probably had 10-12 hours in mocking up my rollpan, including fabbing up a new mounting system and even refiberglassing parts of the ends. I only had maybe 2 or 3 hours in actual body.

as any good body man will tell you, its all in the prep work. Mines been on for almost 2 years, not a single issue

What did you guys use for license plate lighting? I wanted to do something a little better than just LED plate bolts etc.

Mr. P. :)

My plate had a built in tag light... I believe I got it from StylinTrucks.com at the time, but basically just wires into the stock bumper tag light wiring.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/lighted_license_plate_frame_by_carriage_works/3469.aspx

id like to fill mine but the cornering i plan to put on it soon will make the body roll and crack alot quicker. that being said mine has about 10 hrs into it and its not filled but lines up better than factory panels.

i also used a plate frame with a festoon style bulb ( same as in the overhead and puddle under mirror lights) and swapped it to led and it looks pretty trick.

I would use panel bond to get it close then use glaze before you primer and block it. Panel bond takes like 24 hrs to dry but i guarentee that it will hold. We use this to "weld" replacement panels on at the body shop. :)