New Guy From Oklahoma

Camcyde21

Hey guys, new here to the site and decide to stopping by to say hello. I have a question to you ss owners. I have always loved the power and looks of an ss but I'm not sure if i want to get a awd ss or get a 4wd silverado VHO. I dont have to have an 4wd since i do a lot of highway and city driving. I just like knowing if it snows or ices over i can get some where if i need too. I've owned a 04 silverado crew z71 loaded which i thought it was the best truck i ever had until someone decided to slam into it shakehead.gif and insurance claimed it as a loss. now i have a 04 silverado ext cab 2wd with some goodies. I just wanna know your experiences with your ss in the snow or ice. If I see a lot of positive responses i hope to see myself in a ss soon peelout.gif thanks again.

Welcome to the Site :pepsicheer:

In My Opinion the AWD system on the SS is a better system than the regular 4WD. I have never had a single issue with my SS especially when I have snow tires on. One of the Advantages of the AWD system is that it sends the power where needed. If your front Tires are spinning but your back ones have grip it will send more power to the rear to compinsate.

I traded in my 01 Silverado EC 4WD to buy my SS. The only advantage I can see of having a regular 4WD is that fact that you can drive in 2WD and get a little better milleage.

Welcome

AWD Silverado SS all the way.

I've had a RWD Silverado before, and nearly died in the rain from hitting a puddle in a turn making the rear end loose traction,then spinning into the trees. Never been through Ice in it,but I know tons of guys on here have no problems. I know the RWD SS are spectacular trucks, but if you want assurance in snow and rain. Get the AWD IMO

• 2 weeks later...