Erased Codes

Arts05SS

Yeah drive it at least 50 miles and put through all scenarios. It needs at least 5 on/off cold to hot cycles before you take it in. I cleared a code and CEL same as you before my smog. I drove about 100 miles before taking it in and all my readiness tests were complete and ok. In 2011 smoggers are cracking down on the CARB legal stickers for CAI's so hopefully you already have it or can stick it on there. I sold my 04 Impala with a CAI on it last month without the CARB sticker and the guy called complaining no one will pass him. I also got some major shit from my smog guy too about my CAI but gave it right back cuz I do have a CARB sticker. Anyway, forgive my rant you may not even have a Cold Air Intake lol.

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

It's not a specific mileage; the PCM needs a few cold starts, a few hot starts, a few city miles, a few WOT runs, a few minutes at freeway speed, etc. Google for "EPA Drive Cycle" and you should be able to find the GM instructions on exactly the steps to follow to put the PCM through all operational scenarios in like 10-15 minutes.

Mr. P. :)