Tsp Torquer V3

I am looking at purchasing a cam and i was wondering what people thought about the TSP Torquer V3 cam.

231/234 .643"/.598" 111 LSA

*i have LT pacesetters and plan on doing some headwork to the stock heads, also planning on a 3000 stall

Edited by cfresh138 (see edit history)

i'm glad you picked the 228. The torquer cam is pretty wild for our trucks, not as bad as some cams, but its up there.

although a 3000 is good, the higher you want to go with the stall the better, i wouldn't be surprised if that cam really needs a 3800 to 60 foot good.

If you have plans on doing your heads, i'd do both at the same time so dealing with the lifters is easier and your going to tune once instead of twice. And you get the valve springs you need anyway.

Your stock fuel pump will be just fine.

You can get away with the 8.1 marine delphi injectors and i'm sure they'll work, but something like a SVO green top would be plenty good. The green top ford SVO injectors flow around 52 i think at our fuel pressure. The 8.1 marine injectors are plug and play but the SVO ones need either a pigtail or cut your harness and put the correct connector on. What ever you do, call your tuner and make sure he has the data for the injectors you choose, both of the ones i listed are very common and should not be a problem tuning.

If your going to port the heads send them to a reputable LS1 place, such as TEA, WCCH, and others. I would choose TEA(total engine airflow). I would have them decked to at least 68 maybe 66 if the place you send them to is comfortable with it. I was told around 66 is the lowest they would take my heads. Also, i would use a thinner head gasket when installing them. you could be around 11.2:1 with a 66cc head and .041 head gasket, not as high as i would like, but still great for hp and larger cams. With out your cam card i don't know what the DCR would be.

Upgraded rockers is an option, and i would with that lift, but i think the stock rockers can take .6 lift or a little better

Upgrade to e fans is an option

160 t-stat is an option to get you a tad more timing and be a tad safer with higher compression.

Upgrading the intake would be nice, something that can run a 90mm tb. A TBSS intake will work, a fast LSXRT would work as well and you can put on a 102mm tb for the future. But i will tell you, i've seen the truck intake run great dyno pulls and run great NA ETs

I would upgrade the lifters to ls7's at least, and ls2 lifter trays

you could also put on a ls6 valley cover and convert your pcv system, and even add a catch can to keep the new head runners nice and clean

you could also top it all off by putting on a smaller diameter tire or numerically higher gear ratio, like a 4.56 gear. Your 4.10's and 31.xxx tire is not going to put you where you need to be in third gear crossing the finish line. The smaller tire or gears will also help if you have a stall that is to tight for the cam.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Good choice on the cam. I was one of the first SSS on this site to run that cam. Its a great all around cam. Brad pretty much summed up some of your questions. When I installed my 228R cam I also installed Harlandsharp rollelr rockers, Comp Ti retainers, Comp 918 spings and TSP hardend pushrods. I also run the 8.1L marine injectors on stock fuel pump.

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

DO NOT RUN 918's. spend the extra money on PAC or PRC 320s. thats what i ran and they were amazing/ the 918s break very easily and since they are softer than the double springs they have been known to float/.

8.1s are 42 or 44 lbs so thats plenty of fuel but ur gonna need a walbro 255 or aeromotive 340. also beef the crap out of ur tranny, actually get it BUILT.

end of story

DO NOT RUN 918's. spend the extra money on PAC or PRC 320s. thats what i ran and they were amazing/ the 918s break very easily and since they are softer than the double springs they have been known to float/.

8.1s are 42 or 44 lbs so thats plenty of fuel but ur gonna need a walbro 255 or aeromotive 340. also beef the crap out of ur tranny, actually get it BUILT.

end of story

Dont go off what every one else says or tells you. There are many people running 918s flawlessly. I run them spinng 6600 RPM shifts and even on the dyno at 6900 I did not get any valve float. If you do not have more than .620"+ lift stick to single springs. He is not going to need a fuel pump as the stock one is fine for his mod list. Just my .02

end of story

I ran 918's as well as the stock fuel pump with my last Comp cam and had no issues at all. Performed pretty well actually. Comparing PAC springs to 918's as "amazing"....is going a little overboard :shakehead:

if i ran the TBSS TB and intake would i still be able to run the 8.1 marine injectors?

Hey man, I just have to make this suggestion BUY 60#ers now! I bought 42's then ended up going to 60's, and it seems to me like your going to keep modding, so give yourself room for growth and save some money!!!

he said he wants to do heads as well. y not run the double springs? look at the V3, its a high lift cam. so therefore y not take the precautions to adding a better fuel pump?

why does everyone want to cheap out when spending the extra 300 bucks saves you from a headache? i mean come on guys, all of you have built trucks and want so much horsepower so whats wrong with taking it to the next level.

Brian, DAN was the one who initially told me NOT to run the 918s and to spend the extra green on better springs.

so cfresh, if ur gonna do heads and cam, spend the extra money and take care of business properly. dont take any shortcuts.