Need Better Stopping Power

I just bought a 03 SS and I need to get better stopping power. I pull a boat and the stock setup will not cut it. I have looked at some kits but they seem to be 3-4K. I don't have that kind of money for brakes. My question is will a rotor upgrade and pad upgrade improve the braking enough to make a big difference? What products would you recommend? What is the cheapest caliper, rotor pad upgrade? Thanks

Realizing that you need the upgrade is half the battle. I pull a 21' v-hull and have used a few different setups. If you want to do a great upgrade for around 3K, the vette upgrade is a great way to get it done. If you want to go less than that you can still get a pretty good setup, but doing a search and researching what everyone has done on here is your best bet, then just pull the trigger. Depending on what you're driving, i'd at least try to upgrade the rotor size a little, get a good all around set of pads, add stainless lines and synthetic fluid. That's a pretty good start. If you start asking opinions, you'll get a lot of them. Do some searching on here for a while. I promise you, you'll get more info than you'll know what to do with.

I would back up a bit here, if your stock brakes are not seeming to be adequate for towing, then something is wrong with the setup. Does your boat trailer have brakes? If not, it sounds like it needs them. The boat trailer brakes need to be in good working order as well so they can take care of most/all of the increased braking needed. That said, the stock truck brakes can certianly be improved, but first get the trailer end working right.

The trailer brakes work great. I am comparing the braking power to my old truck. I had a 99 ext silverado with 194,000 miles on it and it had 4 wheel disks on it as well but it stops much better than the SS. Here is my plan: Stock sized slotted rotors, upgraded brake pads and stainless brake lines. What do you think? What color brake pads ie: Yellow, Red, Blue or Green? I think read is heavy duty yellow is Sport. What kind would be better for towing with as little dust as possible? Thanks for the help.