Amplified Antenna?

So I did the antenna delete to my 06 SS over the weekend and all I can say is wow I couldn't believe how much cleaner the front end looks with out that ugly ass antenna. The only thing that sucks is now my reception isn't as good as it was. I heard that you can buy an amplified antenna and it works up to 150 miles. I dont know about 150 miles but I just want my reception back. Anyone know where I can get one and dose it really work?

So I did the antenna delete to my 06 SS over the weekend and all I can say is wow I couldn't believe how much cleaner the front end looks with out that ugly ass antenna. The only thing that sucks is now my reception isn't as good as it was. I heard that you can buy an amplified antenna and it works up to 150 miles. I dont know about 150 miles but I just want my reception back. Anyone know where I can get one and dose it really work?

yes please, I did the same and want to kno the same.

On boats an old cars I use a metra 44-ua20.

They are amplified so they work pretty good.

They're made to stick on the glass but I just stick them under the dash panel.

Only like $25

Just hook up the power wire and plug it in.

Link

Edit:

I was looking at different antennas and I noticed they make shark fin am/fm antennas too.

That's kind cool, I have the old 03-05 butt ugly onstar antenna, this would look alot better, and probably have good radio reception too.

Link

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

How do you run them? Can you just use the stock antenna mount some how just hidden?

If you really need instructions...here goes

Take out the radio, plug the antenna in, put the radio back in.

I`m jk

The antenna just plugs in with a standard motorola plug. If your just hooking up to the stock radio, you will need an adapter to reduce the antenna down(40-gm20)

You just need to tap on the accessory wire in the radio harness, if it`s a stock radio then you should probably just go to the column and hook u to the big brown accessory wire (there`s no acc wire in the stock harness).

Thats it, one wire.

Since you have the deck out, there`s lots of room in behind the radio to stick the antenna under the dash towards the windshield, it has two-way tape on the antenna already

Edit

I`m pretty sure there is a connection under the dash somewhere that has the standard antenna plug, so you don`t have to use the adapter, but I don`t remember where it is.

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

Stick to what works,

The first one you post the link is the same on I usually do...Metra 44-ua20

I don`t know about the second one...no part number or brand.

With your aftermarket deck, pull the radio, hook up the one wire to the red on the harness, then plug it into the radio, done