Busted For No Plate

I need a flip up front license plate bracket for my truck i am not gonna drill in the bumper i seen them on here and i cant find the site back to purchase one. Its is a SS Silverado .please help!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/36555-retractable-front-license-plate-bracket/page__hl__%2Bretractable+%2Bfront+%2Bplate

special for you, took me awhile but I found it :thumbs:

put "retractable front plate" in the search box and you'll get more results too

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

Unfortunately it is a law here in Montana and I sympathize with people I stop that own Corvettes, Hot Rods, etc that do not have a factory license bracket. But they still have to have one and I always give them the website to the retractable as an option and they usually take advantage of it as they have never heard of a holder that does that. I was sad to see that the previous owner of my SS used self tapping screws into the front bumper instead of paying enough for a color matched front bracket..

I need a flip up front license plate bracket for my truck i am not gonna drill in the bumper i seen them on here and i cant find the site back to purchase one. Its is a SS Silverado .please help!!!!!!!!!!!

where do u live? cali? just wonderin how much the ticket is

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

In Illinois you have to have a front plate, ther is rumors of going to only a rear like other states do but only a rumor, i didnt have to pay a fine but got a warning ticket out of the deal from the nice state trooper????? I had the truck for a year, the day i drill the bumper the day after it will become a law that only one is required thats my luck!!!!!!

Unfortunately it is a law here in Montana and I sympathize with people I stop that own Corvettes, Hot Rods, etc that do not have a factory license bracket. But they still have to have one and I always give them the website to the retractable as an option and they usually take advantage of it as they have never heard of a holder that does that. I was sad to see that the previous owner of my SS used self tapping screws into the front bumper instead of paying enough for a color matched front bracket..

yes this does suck. i got nailed for it a few months back i will not drill a hole in my front bumper. what i dont understand is if we need front plates. i feel everybody needs a front plate even motor cycles makes no sense to just make cars and not bikes thats Just my opinion. i need to make some sort of a flip up plate only problem is that under my front bumper is my intercooler.

I was told by a policewoman that the state requires front plates because they need that metal to bounce the laser off to see your are speeding.

I just got a laser ticket...and no plate on my truck.