Trailblazer Ss

pacheco707

it wont be for me it will be for the better half. but it will get modded , just not to the extent of my truck.

i have a plan im working on , going to be the first of its kind , a bolt on 10 second mod , the motor will remain untouched from oil pan to valve cover.

all 4l60/4l65/4l70's have a bad rep , they arent strong and can be killed by a stock motor but with basic cheap mods and good tuning they can last . driving behavior plays a bigger role in it as well.

imo a shift kit and good servos(i like the vette's with 4th billet) will go a long way with basic mods. but after 500 hp i full built one will do just fine with everything i pointed out in check .

4l80's are also strong but heavier , a bit of work to swap in but a shift kit in one will go miles .

I personally have never driven a 2wd Tbss, but my wife's awd is what she drives around here all year round and she loves it. I think it is a great performance machine in stock form even. I have only had two problems with ours.

1. Put mud flaps on right away if not already on there, I got our repainted because of the rock chips were so bad at 8k miles.

2. We lost a front pinion seal.

that was the extent of my issues in 33k miles.

I would buy it again if I had to do it over.

I know I'm gonna have trouble buying something 2wd. Once you go awd you don't go back lol

Couldn't agree more! Point the steering wheel where you want to go and hit the gas... no matter what weather conditions. This is why I (personally) feel the SS SIlverado is a better sport truck than the Lightning and the SRT-10. Yup, they may be faster (can't argue they aren't) but the SS is a true year-round truck and can put the power to the ground through 4 wheels.