Got The Wheels Done Finally

i paid 250 for all 4 and the turn around time was fast as hell. about a day. guy did good work. i deff suggest getting black done. i fell in love all over with these wheels today when i walked into the guys shop.:driving:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im about to have my stock ss rims powder coated. ive heard they have this new black chrome color. its a super high gloss so ive been told. will let you guys know once i get them done.

I have used the Black Chrome. I love the look of it, but it can be a pita to do. If you don't have a chrome or polished base that is in good condition it turns into a 2 stage coating process. First a silver base coat is applied and cured, then the black chrome is applied to it while the previous powder is still hot and the black chrome melts to the base. Then it is put back into the oven and cured again . They call it hot flocking. It is basically a clear coat with a black tint to it that shows the base through it for the chrome depth. My grill bowtie is actually black chrome that I powder coated. I was planning on doing my wheels with black chrome, or a matte charcoal.

BTW the wheels turned out really good. :pepsicheer:

i paid 250 for all 4 and the turn around time was fast as hell. about a day. guy did good work. i deff suggest getting black done. i fell in love all over with these wheels today when i walked into the guys shop.:driving:

That's a good price. The guy I found over here said 350, plus whatever the tire shops price to take off the tire and remount.

They look great BTW

Those look nice.

I have never understood powder coating. There are different colors of powder coat? What is everyone doing for the center caps? Because I know you can't powdercoat plastic.

yea, the guy who powerdercoated my wheels know a guy who paints/air brush's so he sent my center caps over to him to paint and match the wheels. should have them back today.

and to whoever asked where i was located. ( sorry dont know how to multi quote yet ) im on fort riley military post in kansas.:pepsicheer:

did you get them back on yet confused.gifpimp.gif

yea i got them back on the truck, they look cool, but my center caps arnt done yet so you can see my lugs right now :banghead:

im gunna detail the truck either tonight or tomorrow so pics will be up soon