Djm 3/4 Drop Issue

I bought a 3/4 kit from NorcalSS a while back it's being installed by my pops friend, while im in afghanistan. He say's there is an issue with the "part where the bolt goes into the sleeve inside another sleeve, where it leaves the bolt with too much play." Around 1/16". The installer says there should be some type of grease fitting to grease inner sleeve? It's located on the control arm where they bolt together? This is all the information i'm getting from him, any help? Am I missing a part? Thanks..

there are two different legnth sleeves , one for the rear and front mount of the lower control arm , each is a different legnth. on the actual arm there is a small tapped hole for a "grease zerk" fitting its a small fitting that has a ball on one side(check valve for a grease gun) and a male threaded end on the other. this needs to be installed . but there is a metal sleeve in the arm itself and another that comes with the kit that goes in the arm . imo he isnt using the extra sleeve that is supposed to be used and that is where the play is coming from.

Thanks for the tip Chase, I sent him exactly what you said through an email... so hopefully he understands it, and that's the issue... When I get a response i'll put feedback up here. Thanks brotha

just talked to him said didnt feel comfortable putting it in which i dont understand guys donig over 800 at wheels never had issues. I told him to measure the inside diameter of the outer sleeve and the outside diameter of the inner sleeve ill check with the ones I have here. There is play which is how djm designed it.

Weird, wish I was there to see the issue. He said it's super loose, and no way it's normal. Hopefully he figures it out. Im sure he'll get back in touch with you. Maybe it's a defective sleeve? Im not sure, im not there. All I know is I want the kit done, but done right.

ill check when i get home. he said 1/16 of play when I talked to him yesterday which why I was like maybe somethings wrong with the sleeve.

1/16 is .0625

you have .025 which is a lot less thats even less than 1/32 due to the design you cant have it with no space you need space for grease to travel.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

straight from djm

"Remember that the sleeves are round so the real difference is .012 but all joking aside I have had these arms on my Avalanche since 2003 with no problems. The biggest problem is that they install the pivot bolts with impacts and over tighten the bolt this is why we supply nylocks for the pivot bolt so you can tighten 40ft lbs and don't have to worry about the nuts backing off. I don't think we have a problem.

Jeff "

I'll send him this message. Or have him call you back. It's hard relaying messages when i'm here in afghanistan. I dont think he's installed this type of kit on this type of truck before..

trust me on this one ive done NUMEROUS sss over the past 8 years, many guys here run the same exact kit. There is no clicking or anything like that once its installed and all greased and put together.

The question is; has he ever installed a lowering kit at all???

he does nascar stuff i think was told to me. Main thing is djm has enginnered a kit that has been working for 10 years plus. Nohting is wrong with it.

Yes he builds nascar's. And yes he's done drops. There isn't anything wrong with the kit, I can bet that. He's hard headed, and 'old school' he's a family friend, so he's weary. Which no matter what I tell him, he still wants to do things his way(aren't I paying him?? lol)