Long-Time Lurker From New Jersey

Hi guys,

I'm down in south-central NJ, Mount Holly (not too far from Fort Dix/McGuire AFB).

Original owner of a black '04 SS. It's my daily driver and I've not modded it a bit, at least until yesterday (if you consider finally putting in a CAI a mod) :)

Ordered a Volant CAI and scoop last week from autoanything. Had 2 hours before having to head to work so I decided to forego the scoop for now and concentrate on getting the main system swapped in. No trouble at all... except I wish they made the 3 MAF mounting screws an 8th of an inch longer.

Boy, firing up the truck afterwards, I could feel, sense, my engine saying "finally! I can breathe!". Thanks to all the hardcore posters here, I had plenty to read and research beforehand, and I finally got up the gumption to act.

Someone give me that extra push in the back and make me sign up for the Black Bear Live Tune in Bridgewater next month.... c'mon, twist my arm, convince me, talk me into it, please?

I know it's something that absolutely should be done, me and my truck aren't getting any younger, and I'd love to meet some of you guys!

Not being an automotive einstein, and not knowing what exactly to ask for in getting a tune, I do know that Wheatley and Black Bear are top-notch with loyal followers all over the community.

Maybe I'll look into a good cat-back system soon, I've been drooling over the $1k B&B (Billy Boat) system for a few years now :)

Glad I finally decided to get this 1st post/intro done. You guys are great!

-Tom

Edited by dlaboss 04-SS (see edit history)

Welcome to the site..I used to live in South Jersey (Runnemede)....like Niko (8hnpss) said look in the events section...We have meets ALL the time in the Northeast....If you have the chance, most of us will be at GM Nationals in Carlisle, that would be a perfect chance to meet just about all of us in the NE....Glad to see you are finally giving in and lightly modding the truck! Enjoy..Dont hesitate to pm us with questions or post away!! Looking forward to meeting you!