Drum To Disc Convertion=Done

Well after around 2 years of having the vett brakes up front i decided i had to have matching set out back and replace the drums. Yes i know crappy pics but it was dark out and i plan to get good pics once i wash it.

Before:

P5070010.jpg

After:

P5140020.jpg

and also got the airbag from Chase installed.

P5140023.jpg

Also ive gotn acouple of PM's about the red needles not sure if i posted this pics but here they are.

P4170016.jpg

Looks good, I like the new SS airbag.

I like the silver trim on your dash bezel, Did you paint it yourself, or have it painted or is it one of those dash kits that stick on?

Also General Question, Can anyone tell me why they went to the Drum Rear brakes on the 2WD SS’s??? What’s wrong with 4 Discs? :dunno:

Red needles look good!

Thanks, i looked online for acouple days looking for red needles and no one sold them so i got the idea from another member and made my own red ones lol

:withstupid: Nicely Done!! :pimp:

If you could provide a parts breakdown & how-to summary, I know a lot of guys would be very appreciative!

Mr. P. :)

I didnt take any pics of the process or else i would make a how-to, i didnt do the install but i was their supervising and helping where i could since i read over the how-to on the rear Z06 conversion so i had an idea of what needed to be modiffied.

This is the parts that are needed, this is copy/pasted from what Chpspecial posted in another thread:

parking brake cables; axle brake lines from an axle with stock disks, the baking plate, the parking brake assembly, rotors, calipers and caliper mounting brakets. This also requieres opening the dif and pulling the axles out.

Looks good, I like the new SS airbag.

I like the silver trim on your dash bezel, Did you paint it yourself, or have it painted or is it one of those dash kits that stick on?

Also General Question, Can anyone tell me why they went to the Drum Rear brakes on the 2WD SS’s??? What’s wrong with 4 Discs? :dunno:

Thanks, i taped it off and painted it myself whit a silver metallic paint i picked up at vatozone.

I think a how-to-do thread is in order. Good job on the conversion.

:withstupid: Nicely Done!! :pimp:

If you could provide a parts breakdown & how-to summary, I know a lot of guys would be very appreciative!

Mr. P. :)

Yea definitely, if anything post up all the parts needed for the swap...

-Rob

Hey man you finally got it installed lol. I wish I could have installed them before I ended up selling em to you lol. they look badass on it. did you need anything extra from what all I sent you?

I have it, if your intrested make me an offer. I may be going to the TTS bbq and if your going i can take it there.

Swap should be the same, remove your discs/backing plates and put on the drum backing plates ect. Only thing you will need is to make some hard brake lines to hook up to the drums or get them from a truck whit drum brakes since my stock lines where re-used.

ow what parts were needed and how hard was the conversion. I am wanting to start piecing a kit together

This is the parts that are needed, this is copy/pasted from what Chpspecial posted in another thread:

parking brake cables; axle brake lines from an axle with stock disks, the baking plate, the parking brake assembly, rotors, calipers and caliper mounting brakets. This also requieres opening the dif and pulling the axles out.

If you are going to use the stock calipers/rotors then it would be almost a complete bolt on, you just need to pull the axles to remove the old backing plate and install the new.