Anyone Get A Buzzzz?

Willoverkill

Using a search, I found this answer to your question from 2003.

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/topic/2995-the-vent-in-the-ceiling/page__view__findpost__p__37593

The fan probably has dust in it, blow some canned-air through it to remove the dust from the bearing and the squealing may very well go away.

Mr. P.

It the air temperature sender for auto climate controls

And the motors make noise after a while.

I dont have the auto climate control...and I have one...I always assumed it was the mic for OnStar...

Don't cut the wires off of it is what I have heard because it will really mess up your auto climate control. Mine makes noise in the winter but goes away in the summer with warmer temps.

OK so half the people say its for onstar, the other half say its some sort of blower motor? Were talking about the little round (bout the size of a quarter) cover that has holes in it, right above the left side of your head close to the window?

Silverado SS - Ive punched mine a few times too and now Ive knocked it up into the roof. But I can still hear the stupid thing buzzing!

After you shut the truck off you can kind of hear it wind down. Maybe I should pull it apart.

OK. Ill see if I can get it outta there tonight maybe and see why its buzzing. Im sure it could still get some sort of temp reading without it blowing on itself?!

I cant afford 6 dollars right now let alone 60. The next item Id like to save for is the Efan upgrade. Im sick of hearing my junk fan on for no reason.