New Plugs And Wires, Lazy Wot

Recently put on NGK TR55IX plugs and Accel 9059 extreme 9000 wires. The acceleration is not like it used to be, thinking it is the change in gap size from .040 to .060. I'm getting a blackbear tune in June, do you think they can tweek it or do I need the AC Delco 12571164 iridiums gapped at .040?

First double check and make sure someting isn't loose. Also the plugs should come pre gapped.

Also check your throttle body it could need a good cleaning

Checked all of that and the throttle body was clean prior, very gunked up. Thinking I need a relearn..

I just did some looking and those wires only fit up to a 2000. You have and 03. I would maybe return the wires and get MSD or Taylor 409's

I think your right, I found some sites say it fits and others don't. Going to call accel today find out. Thanks for the help.

Edited by highvoltamps (see edit history)

Just talked to Accel and they are the right wires, he said they just came out and the box say 1999-2006 GM truck 4.8/5.3/6.0L LS base engines. So I'm back to the spark plugs.. The truck is not running bad but just doesn't have the kick it use to when I'm on it. Does anyone know if this is b/c of the larger gap?

Okay well what are you running for gas? Have you changed your fuel filter at all?? did you apply any de electric grease to the wires before putting them on. Also have you or did you clean your MAF???

Running 91 octane always, recently changed the fuel filter about 6 months ago, didn't apply dielectric to the wires and have not clean the MAF senor yet (that was my next step). Is the dielectric grease really that important?