No Sounds But Stereo Turn On... Bose

Hey fellas so im having a problem here I have a silverado 04 Yes with non-bose system, But I like the way bose sounds so I went and purchace the SILVERADO SS console complete with harness that runs up to stereo dash harness then has inputs to connect the stereo which is a 6 disk bose too. I when to the dealer ship and got my stereo married to my truck the guy told me the thats stereo is for bose yes I told him Ill be using the bose set up. Stereo works now i get home an connect the console harness to the dash harness to whatever I could plug then up, I have a couple plugs left in the harness that i dont know what could they be for...which i dont have anywhere i could plugs them but i think some are for the stering wheels controls but not sure :/. when i plug what i can then turn ing on the stereo goes on but no SOUND which i think one of the plugs left not plug is power? for the amp... hope i could get HELP!!!!! Total plugs i dont have anthing to connect are 5 ill post pictures of then. thanks

post-21096-023523500 1306005436_thumb.jpg

post-21096-006594100 1306005510_thumb.jpg

Edited by oskar (see edit history)

Well, the small white plugs look like a-pillar tweeter plugs, but i`m not sure about those other ones. I think your right when you say your amp isn`t getting power. I`ll post an amp pinout so that you can trace the power and ground to find out if thats what you need.

Boseamp.jpg

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

I just took my cover off of the power distribution block under the drivers dash. That big black plug runs behind the instrument cluster and then plugs in to the lower right side of the distro block.

It gets power then from the 30amp radio amp fuse under the hood.

2011-05-21153428.jpg

I just took my cover off of the power distribution block under the drivers dash. That big black plug runs behind the instrument cluster and then plugs in to the lower right side of the distro block.

It gets power then from the 30amp radio amp fuse under the hood.

2011-05-21153428.jpg

I try it yesterday and still didnt get any SOUND, i need to find out if im getting any power from that distro block where i connect it maybe i need a fuse, ill check on that... could you find out where the othe plug go too? thanks i really appreacite your help.

I try it yesterday and still didnt get any SOUND, i need to find out if im getting any power from that distro block where i connect it maybe i need a fuse, ill check on that... could you find out where the othe plug go too thanks i really appreacite your help.

The orange wires on the plug should have power. Did you check to see if you have the 30 amp radio amp fuse under the hood?

A better pic of the other plug might help and some clues. How long is it? Is it tied up to any other harnesses?What are the wiring colors?

Paulguy, that is a lot of help full information.

Oskar, does your radio have chimes. i.e. does it give you the lights on chime if the truck is off, and lights are on. What about the door open/key in ignition chime?

Oskar, does your radio have chimes. i.e. does it give you the lights on chime if the truck is off, and lights are on. What about the door open/key in ignition chime?

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply... yeah it does chime wright now for door open/key in ing but with out the console harness on just regular stereo.. but ill try it with the console harness today and see if it chimes, if not what would that tell me?

Thanks,

Oscar

Edited by oskar (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay got a little caught on some things. Hey as far as my stereo being with out the boss harness on yes it does chime when I open the door with out keying the ignition and when I'm on low fuel or my abs system goes on. From that one time that I tried connecting the harness I can recall my truck not making the chime sound. Although, when I took my truck to the dealer I was told that the stereo I wanted to reprogram in my truck was for a boss system and I told them I was aware of that and thats why I already had all the system to set it up. I'm guessing the guy didn't calibrated the stereo it needs in order for me to install the boss system. What would the difference be between a bose lux radio and amp, not from a standard non-lux bose radio? But then again I have three plugs from the harness that I wouldn't know where to plug the in. Thanks I appreciate your help!

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay got a little caught on some things. Hey as far as my stereo being with out the boss harness on yes it does chime when I open the door with out keying the ignition and when I'm on low fuel or my abs system goes on. From that one time that I tried connecting the harness I can recall my truck not making the chime sound. Although, when I took my truck to the dealer I was told that the stereo I wanted to reprogram in my truck was for a boss system and I told them I was aware of that and thats why I already had all the system to set it up. I'm guessing the guy didn't calibrated the stereo it needs in order for me to install the boss system. What would the difference be between a bose lux radio and amp, not from a standard non-lux bose radio? But then again I have three plugs from the harness that I wouldn't know where to plug the in. Thanks I appreciate your help!

If you have a bose-lux amp and the tech programmed your radio for a normal non-lux radio.... then mostlikeyly your amp is fried by now. If your amp is a non-lux and your radio is a lux, then you will only hear chimes....