Computer Speakers

eeekroar

What kind are you using? I bought a set up Logitech Surround Sound z506 and contemplating taking them back. In the store they sounded great. As they do when something is playing on them, but the buzzing while nothing is playing is driving me nuts. Stupid me,should of read reviews first, but figured since I could test them in the store who needs reviews.

idiot.gifidiot.gif

what kind of sound card do you have. Fancy speaker aren't going to do squat if you have a low end sound card.

Honestly, I have no idea. My last surround sound speakers sounded great until they hit the floor. I read reviews once I hooked them up and noticed the problem.Everyone has the same humming/buzzing problem. Logitech told a few people they have faulty ground loops to return the product. I tried plugging them into different, sockets, power strips and both of my computers. The only reason I guess I didn't hear it in store was it was playing music. Like I mentioned they sound GREAT when playing, just when not is the sound apparent.

I have the same logitech z506 @ home, and they sound great w/ a xifi audio soundcard... No buzzing at all, get a sound card or update drivers... something. They're awesome speakers.

This should do the trick.

I remember one time I took an old set of computer speakers, and broke them down. Took the wiring and routed them to some 6x9 pioneer speakers...............didnt sound bad, but they could use a boost lol

I have the same logitech z506 @ home, and they sound great w/ a xifi audio soundcard... No buzzing at all, get a sound card or update drivers... something. They're awesome speakers.

I talked to customer support today and this is what he said.

Bill: Yeah, that is something that I have seen several times. if you have changed the power source, and the audio source and are still having issues with the system, then it is likely it is an issue with the system its self.

spacer_img.png Bill: I would suggest exchanging it at the place of purchase.

I took it over to my moms to try on her two computers,and its the same wind noise.She has an older Phillips set and it worked fine, My computers are both new so I figured it wasn't them. The noise is even there when the audio input cable is not plugged into the computer, or inputs on the back of the sub.