Bolt Ons For A S/C 3800 V6

mbarnes

my pops just gave me his 2000 buick regal gse. it has a supercharged 3.8 v6. just wondering if anyone has any advice on a few boltons to get her a little quicker? im pretty sure ill go w/ a smaller pulley, cai, and some type of better flowing exhaust nothing loud though. ive read that a higher ratio rocker arm set up would do well on this motor???? would appreciate any advice or links to quality info. thanks Mark

my pops just gave me his 2000 buick regal gse. it has a supercharged 3.8 v6. just wondering if anyone has any advice on a few boltons to get her a little quicker? im pretty sure ill go w/ a smaller pulley, cai, and some type of better flowing exhaust nothing loud though. ive read that a higher ratio rocker arm set up would do well on this motor???? would appreciate any advice or links to quality info. thanks Mark

Go to clugp forum there is a ton of good info over there .. i was a member there for yrs and owned 4 grand prix's (same platform)the last one was an 04 compg with a bunch of mods .. you can check out the mods i did on mine click on my car domain under my sig. chris

Edited by 1stimeSSguy (see edit history)

ZZ Performance and SLP had a ton of stuff for those cars. I had on '04 GTP with SLP's CAI, 3.4" pulley, and Loudmouth cat-back, definitely woke her up. :thumbs:

www.slponline.com

www.zzperformance.com

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I had the exact same car as my DD, they guys called it "The Begal" (Buick Regal) LOL. I loved driving that car, it is a f'n freeway flier; I drove from Sturgis back to Dallas 1200-miles in 13-hours in that car and got 23+ mpg doing it! The GSE's have collectible value if I remember right, that's an appreciating asset so don't mess that up. I know the factory exhaust sucks really bad because it causes KR and engine bay heat issues, replace with the SLP exhaust (routes the exhaust under the trans, instead of above the trans) and if memory serves the SLP exhaust design became factory on all 2004+ supercharged W-bodies. There is also a ton of information on using the larger Northstar throttle body, and aftermarket pulleys, etc. OH don't forget to replace/upgrade the dogbones!

Mr. P. :)