My Stock 04Ss Truck

bpaulin

should i replace just the stock mufler in my 04ss truck or replace from the cat back and what is a good sounding mufler some one said Corsa can i just buy a Corsa mufler?also im going to do a tune any other mods (easy) i should do before the tune?Thanks

should i replace just the stock mufler in my 04ss truck or replace from the cat back and what is a good sounding mufler some one said Corsa can i just buy a Corsa mufler?also im going to do a tune any other mods (easy) i should do before the tune?Thanks

I have Corsa catback and love it but they are pricey .they do not sell mufflers you will need to buy the catback..

go to youtube and listen to sound clips of differant brands to see what you like.

i would get a CAI and maybe a shift kit / servo's before you get a tune..

Edited by 1stimeSSguy (see edit history)

the Corsa is pricey i realy want a good sounding exhaust they have the db and the sport whats the big difrence looks like the db is a little less also what would you recommend for a CAI? Thanks

Theres a member on GMfullsize.com that has a corsa touring that he is selling, ill get you a link in a bit but theses are the pics he sent me, he is asking 250shipped and his S/N is Chaser0517

corsatouring1.jpg

corsatouring2.jpg

corsatouring3.jpg

corsatouring4.jpg

Heres the link to a forsale thread scroll down to post#12

CORSA link

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

Theres a member on GMfullsize.com that has a corsa touring that he is selling, ill get you a link in a bit but theses are the pics he sent me, he is asking 250shipped and his S/N is Chaser0517

corsatouring1.jpg

corsatouring2.jpg

corsatouring3.jpg

corsatouring4.jpg

Heres the link to a forsale thread scroll down to post#12

CORSA link

SO here is my story and maybe you will get some insight on truck exhaust:

Stock for about 4 months

Then i installed a SLP powerflo muffler. Just cut the old out and welded the new in. Sounded great for $50.00. Very mellow i was happy.

Then,2 years later, the POS pipe i got from pep boys rusted out and the exhaust fell out. Got better pipe and reinstalled

Then few months later the internals of the muffler fell apart (got it used and it lasted 3 years so i was not mad)

Then i made a custom exhaust with 2 magna-flow mufflers that exit infront of the rear tire= Looked AWSOME, much more aggressive sound. Happy but girlfriend got sick of it

Then after doing other work the manifold got messed up....so i did some Long Tubes and cat deletes (cats went bad at same time) :)

at this point the truck is so $@#$#@ loud everyone on the road from Ferrari to civic wanted to race. I literally got a headache after my hour long commute. I did not take it out late at night b/c of how loud it was....

now it has Long tubes, no cats, and stock mufflers. My girl will ride in it and I am so much happier.

So i pretty much did a full circle.....

moral of the story, leave it alone. Your going to need a trans soon so save your money for that.

If this truck is a project and you have another car to drive, then go for it! but this was my daily driver and the 67 camaro was the play car. Some how i messed that up at one point.