200 Shot

"so far..." are your key words. It's kinda like askin how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. Everything may hold for awhile, or it could all be one giant catastrophe next time you give it the juice. I just hope you have a savings for motor and trans work for when it DOES happen.

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

"so far..." are your key words. It's kinda like askin how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. Everything may hold for awhile, or it could all be one giant catastrophe next time you give it the juice. I just hope you have a savings for motor and trans work for when it DOES happen.

^^^ I agree, I'm worried about running a 150 shot of N2O AFTER I do all my trans mods. 150 is a lot for a stock trans, 200 is insane. Honestly Im surprised it held at 150. My half assed guess... 200 = boom. But if you do it get it on video!! I wanna see a stock trans hold up! :pepsicheer:

I know I'm pushing my luck as it is and the transmission will give out soner or later but it's not my DD. If it goes out it can be fixed I was just wondering if anyone had ran 200 on a stock engine I don't want to loose a engine I'm going to. Get a transmission built anyway I'm trying to get into the 7s in the 1/8 mile I don't need much more to do it a extra 50 and a little better rection time I think I can do it.

If you are going to keep running Nitrous why don't you step back and do some of the supporting mods to aid in reaching your goal instead of upping the shot. You are on borrowed time now if you havent even changed the fuel pump. Things I would do that would get you in the 7s no problem.

Cam

Converter

tuning

full exhaust

intake

fuel pump

injectors

small transmission upgrades

with the list above you can easily be in the 7s with less nitrous than you are running now with good tuning.

:withstupid::withstupid: :withstupid:

A former member here used to regularly run a 225-shot on a cammed/headed LQ9, truck finally ran 11.90's after grenading the G80, breaking axles, burning up a couple 4L60s.. but the motor was just fine, the hardware secret is using a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous and run very high octane race fuel in the enrichment system. Lots of LS motors run that much nitrous (and more) in the GTO, Fbody, and Vette crowds. As long as you use a top-quality standalone wet plate system, a correctly set window switch, spot-on tuning, and really large exhaust (!) the motor will do it - it's the drivetrain that takes it in the shorts. Doing nitrous right will cost you about as much as (or even more) than a blower.

Mr. P.

Ok that's what I was wanting to know about the nitrous. I am planning to change the can it has LT headers and flowmaster mufflers I would like to change the convertor but I pull a 28 foot cabincruiser don't know if I still could still tow it with a higher stall .on the fuel pump what would you recommended it's a 04 if it makes any difference I'm running methanol injection when the nitrous is on.appetite all the help guys.

The fuel pump only has to be as big as the motor requires N/A - if the cam & injectors aren't that big then even the stock fuel pump will work, if you upgrade the intank pump, I would get the Walbro-255, it's cheap and reliable and flows lots of fuel. For the standalone, all you need in that is a discarded stock fuel pump, it's plenty large to run enough enrichment fuel for a 300+ shot of nitrous. Buy a walbro, put it in your fuel tank - then take the stock pump from your tank and use it in your standalone fuel cell. :thumbs: On the converter question, I would worry more about making sure you have the right converter for the aftermarket cam you have installed, and that cam compliments the towing use of the truck.

Mr. P.

Ok that's what I was wanting to know about the nitrous. I am planning to change the can it has LT headers and flowmaster mufflers I would like to change the convertor but I pull a 28 foot cabincruiser don't know if I still could still tow it with a higher stall .on the fuel pump what would you recommended it's a 04 if it makes any difference I'm running methanol injection when the nitrous is on.appetite all the help guys.

the meth injection is for what purpose exactly, or better yet what was said to convince you to do that?

If you are concerned with towing I have no clue why you are going the nitrous route when a roots style blower is much better suited for your all around needs of the truck.

Adding methanol is like running really high octane gas I believe it's like 110 octane and it's supposed to be much easier on the engine when running nitrous I'm still running stock timing with no valve rattle a the plugs look good. The truck has plenty of power to pull my boat without a supercharger although I would like to have one. I already had the nitrous system and a filling station from my other car.but I love going to the local drag strip and out running mustangs and camaros is why I like to play with the truck.

Adding methanol is like running really high octane gas I believe it's like 110 octane and it's supposed to be much easier on the engine when running nitrous I'm still running stock timing with no valve rattle a the plugs look good. The truck has plenty of power to pull my boat without a supercharger although I would like to have one. I already had the nitrous system and a filling station from my other car.but I love going to the local drag strip and out running mustangs and camaros is why I like to play with the truck.

if you are running on the stock tune the methanol isnt doing a whole hell of a lot other than reducing the heat in the cylinder. Thats if you are running true methanol. If I were you I would step back a few and not jump the gun on upping the jets or you will be picking up internals from the roadway. I have been playing with nitrous for a long time now and the gen 3 & 4 small blocks love it, but without the proper tuning and fuel requirements you can easily cost yourself a load of cash. Look at my post above for some other "mods" you can do to squeeze more out of your truck. You can tow anything within reason with a smaller converter and still take advantage of being able to pull off 1.7 60' times.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Is the truck tuned at all? If its still running stock timing with meth and nitrous you have alot more to gain. What meth system are you running? Are you running a window switch for either of the systems?

Like Danny and Mr.P said its a matter of time something goes.