Under The Hood

I am looking to dress up under the hood...the biggest eye sore IMO are the 5/8" heater hose running all over the place....I am curious if anyone has run a dressier set up for those and where you got it and what you did....Thanks in advance

I am looking to dress up under the hood...the biggest eye sore IMO are the 5/8" heater hose running all over the place....I am curious if anyone has run a dressier set up for those and where you got it and what you did....Thanks in advance

You live in Texas...delete the heater system. :thumbs:

You live in Texas...delete the heater system. :thumbs:

LOL you've never been to Wichita Falls in January!!! A more truthful statement is, "you only drive it once a month during the summer, delete it!" :jester:

I did the stainless overbraid (20 years ago!) and it looked like ass - if you are going for the braided hose look, replace the hoses with real -10 AN hose. Stainless overbraid is :greddy:. You can also find very large AN hose for the radiator hoses too. For hose ends, instead of using clamps, you get purpose-made "heat shrink" that is many times thicker than electrical heat shrink (you have to put it on with a torch!) and you will have nice clean hose ends; you will have to cut the heat shrink sleeve off to remove the hose, but it's cheap and you can buy it initially in bulk so you always have it, and it looks so much nicer than the fake AN fitting stuff. Speaking of that, I have used the large Russel radiator hose end fittings and they are expensive but do work really well.

Another option, but I am not sure how feasable it is - do what Ford does and make a metal 2-line "manifold" so that the heater hoses are routed under the passenger's side engine cover; that would require some planning and moderate fabrication. :dunno:

Mr. P. :)

Part of the problem is the Radix....On passenger side I have my Meziere Pump and Cold water tank...and running from there to the radix is a mess....I really need to just take everything off and re-run electrical and hoses to clean it up etc..I just dont know where to begin.

Part of the problem is the Radix....On passenger side I have my Meziere Pump and Cold water tank...and running from there to the radix is a mess....I really need to just take everything off and re-run electrical and hoses to clean it up etc..I just dont know where to begin.

Ah yeah, forgot about those extra components. Well if you do remove the pump & drain the heat exchanger, consider relocating the H/E pump to underneath the Volant (mount to fender with vibration isolating bushings); that will be one less hose seen, and the pump out of the engine compartment. FWIW.

Mr. P. :)

If I remember Kevin said it needs to be located at a certain height to prevent issues, possibly cavatation.I could be wrong as I am new to this game.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

As long as the reservoire feeding the pump is at a higher elevation than the pump you should be fine

send the hoses to Brian and have him polish them lol jk Brian!!!!!!

Braided hoses would be nice but I think they are getting cheap with them, make some type of cover for them and patten it