Gas Saver....

bigreds10

im concidering getting a bike a parking the truck as im spending about $500 in gas every month. so im throwing the idea out about getting a street bike. the bike i like the best is the CBR by honda, i have a honda dirtbike that i love. being its my first bike what is good? ive seen a CBR1000RR for $8195(08 with 2500mi) or 08 CBR600RR($7195 21kmi) im just stuck on which to get being its my first.

Thanks in advance. pepsicheer.gif

REPSOL!!!!

CBR10002004Repsol.jpg

I would personally get a 600 first. You will get better gas mileage and possibly better insurance rates also. That's just my opinion. I think a 1000 is a huge leap, but I know there are TONS of guys that claim they started out on 1000s and 1300s just fine. Plus, when will you need to go over 170?

yah the 600rr top speed is 177.... thats plenty. i just need something better than the gas my truck gulps. even with a bike payment, insurance, and gas for the bike im still coming out ahead

yah the 600rr top speed is 177.... thats plenty. i just need something better than the gas my truck gulps. even with a bike payment, insurance, and gas for the bike im still coming out ahead

Well I recommend fore most under Farmers then. Geico quoted me 5,000 a year. Progressive was 3,500, and state farm was not much cheaper.

Man that much for insurance! I was 19 with some points on my license and my insurance was half the cost of your lowest quote with the insurance of my bike and car at the time.

Yep,5000 just for the bike for full coverage. I also have my BMW,SS, and home insurance through them and they would not drop the price. Progressive was a lot cheaper, but still out of my ball park. I am through fore most now under Farmers and paying 1,500 a year for full coverage with theft,medical,cost of gear if I go down,ETC ETC ETC, That's with two tickets. I looked on all the bike forums and a lot of people were paying under 50 a month. Not sure if they only have liability only, or 75 years old,but I would kill for that rate.

Edit: I pay 222 a month for full coverage on the SS,2011 BMW, and home insurance with 500 deductible through Geico might want to switch from AAA

Edited by eeekroar (see edit history)

Ya insurance on bikes suck. Good thing I live in mt and its not mandatory to have insurance. I would def go with the 600. If you want the best mpgs tho get a ninja 250r 40-60 mpg and will still do over 100. I have a yamaha r6 and I get thirty-forty mpg with it.

Im driving around 75mi round trip with my vMAX. Racking the miles up quickly and gas is bad. So if I get the bike im sure its way cheaper. I rode my buddies 04 R6 tonight and its quick def different that a dirtbike Haha. I got a quote from progressive they want 107 a month for decent. And 114/yr for liability. Just don't know what bike to get really. Not the 1000. To much bike for beginner

i think it was $120 a month, sooo i think 1800 a year. i have a accident, and no right turn on red(coming off this year............im pretty sure im gonna pull the trigger on the 09 CBR600RR( and install a jardine slip on exhaust.

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)