1. 1. should i put the 427 emblem on

• Front of cowl
    • Rear of cowl
    • Or not at all

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the intention on putting some custom 427 twin turbo emlbems i had made on my goodmark cowl when i get it repainted , i had them custom made in the ss silverado font but it sucks since my motor will now be a 436

DSC02826.jpg

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02828.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

i have the intention on putting some custom 427 twin turbo emlbems i had made on my goodmark cowl when i get it repainted , i had them custom made in the ss silverado font but it sucks since my motor will now be a 436

DSC02826.jpg

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02828.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

new motor allready ?

where did you have those made ?

i voted for the rear. You could put one on the tailgate on the opposite side from the SS badge

ya i thought of the tailgate and on the front fender like 69 camaro but these are vette ones and made at a angle so they look funny on anything other than a angle like the cowl

pm supersub he has a cool place that does custom emblems or google custom emblems and youll find it.

long story short , lifted my heads on a fluke and when my past yank converter balloned it swelled and pushed the crank forward into the thrrust bearing and i caught it when i pulled the heads and deceided to have a glance at bearings. im really glad i did that.

one piston had more clearance than i liked so im going to go to a 4.130 piston and run them all @ .003 clearance. with some added touches to the new set of slugs including gas reliefs and a longer skirt . the ones i got were kind of a rush job but they will almost be identical. i just know that certain pistons do swell more than others such as je from what a few reputable builders have said swell more than others which can be good and bad. but im sticking with diamond for now . i got my block and heads back from surfacing so they are nice and flat so all i need is a big chunk og change for this new custom set of pistons . i also have some modifications being made to my turbo kit itself but ill keep those to myself for now.

pm supersub he has a cool place that does custom emblems or google custom emblems and youll find it.

long story short , lifted my heads on a fluke and when my past yank converter balloned it swelled and pushed the crank forward into the thrrust bearing and i caught it when i pulled the heads and deceided to have a glance at bearings. im really glad i did that.

one piston had more clearance than i liked so im going to go to a 4.130 piston and run them all @ .003 clearance. with some added touches to the new set of slugs including gas reliefs and a longer skirt . the ones i got were kind of a rush job but they will almost be identical. i just know that certain pistons do swell more than others such as je from what a few reputable builders have said swell more than others which can be good and bad. but im sticking with diamond for now . i got my block and heads back from surfacing so they are nice and flat so all i need is a big chunk og change for this new custom set of pistons . i also have some modifications being made to my turbo kit itself but ill keep those to myself for now.

thanks for the info

i dont get how that would lift a head ?

but i leave more piston to head clearance on big boost engines as they cause alot more heat exspansion

also these lsx motors have a flaw when you stroke them as the skirts get real short and the cylinders dont support the skirts at bdc,

the pistons rocks in the cylinders alot at tdc so add them together with heat and if you dont give more piston to head clearance you will contact the head

thanks for the info

i dont get how that would lift a head ?

but i leave more piston to head clearance on big boost engines as they cause alot more heat exspansion

also these lsx motors have a flaw when you stroke them as the skirts get real short and the cylinders dont support the skirts at bdc,

the pistons rocks in the cylinders alot at tdc so add them together with heat and if you dont give more piston to head clearance you will contact the head

Wow! chase never heard you had an issue, glad you figured it all out. I put the Z06 427 emblems on my cowl, and had an "LSX" badge like the one On reggie jacksons camaro made for the rear gate.

CIMG2773.jpg

love the look!

Edited by supersub (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...