Nub From Lansing, Mi

Hey everyone, just checking in. I'm a stay at home dad and part time limo driver. I sold new cars at Annie Rae Chevrolet for 7 years before that. I have a 4 year old son and a 1.5 year old daughter.

I am a long time sport truck owner. I have wanted a Silverado SS since they came out. Barring anything crazy from happening, I'll own one tomorrow. I'm getting a stock black 2003 with 109k. It will be my DD, so I don't plan on doing anything crazy to it. Some window tint, an aftermarket radio and maybe a Corsa exhaust.

Here's some pictures of my old trucks.

This was my 1996 S10 on air. This was over 10 years and about 40 pounds ago. This was my favorite, and I still miss it.

MikenTruck.jpg

This is my 1994 Blazer on air. This one was fun, but I don't miss it as much as the P/U.

PDR_1425.jpg

This is the stereo that was in it.

subbox2.jpg

My 2004 Z-71.SS's were out of my price range. I leased this one. The only thing I did to this was a Corsa exhaust.

2004-10-10018.jpg

My ZR2. This one is for sale. It has 314,000 miles.

ZR2.jpg

This is the stero that was in it. I took it out the day I almost went to jail because of it. I hit 145 db's on the TL pressure senser with this one.

stereo-1.jpg

Quite a little collection of vehicles man. At least you won't be airing out the SS when you get it. Although you WILL modify it more than you think once you have it. Glad to see your dream of owning one is gonna come true man. Welcome to the forum :cheers:

welcome bro! the mod bug will bite you in the ass when you do the exhaust. peelout.gif

Yeah, you will be amazed at what you will want to do lol I dont even own a SS because of the cost at the time. But never the less, I didnt get bit by the mod bug, I must have got rapped by it lol

Thanks for all of the welcomes. I did end up getting it. The exterior looks pretty good for a 2003, and it runs and drives great. The only problems I could find with it are the CD player doesn't work (the dealer is going to ship me another one), the front bumper needs to be adjusted (the dealer will pay for this), and I noticed on the way home the front driver midrange speaker doesn't work, and the driver heated seat doesn't work.

Welcome to the site!! Get some pics posted when u have the chance....

WELCOME TO MY SITE.

YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE A TON OF MODS TO MAKE THIS BOAT ANCHOR ANYWHERE NEAR CLOSE TO FAST.

BELIEVE ME ................I KNOW.

:thumbs:

Dont mind toolbag above this..hes working on a lifetime ban!

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally took some pictures. So far, I have replaced the front speakers, added Sirius radio, smoked the tail lights, adjusted the front bumper, and had a spray in bedliner put in it. The tonneau cover that was on it rubbed the paint off the top of the bed rails, causing them to rust. I had the rust ground off, and had a spray in bedliner applied over the rails. I'm not a fan of over the rail bedliners, but it was the best way I could think of to repair the rust.

SilveradoSS001.jpg

SilveradoSS005.jpg

SilveradoSS002.jpg

SilveradoSS003.jpg

SilveradoSS004.jpg