A/C Seats?

THATGUYCRUZ

OK Here I go..... I have heated seats as do most of us with Sss. I once rode in a Cadillac and it had Heated AND A/C seats. I want to know if anyone has converted their SS seats to be A/Ced as well. I know that the 05 Cadillac Escalade platinum edition has heated/ ac seats and the seats appear to be the same shape and size as ours. Will those work for our trucks and what would I have to do to get them to work in my truck?. Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You would have to find out if the mounting and wiring is the same first. If they would mount the same as the stock SS seats, the wiring would have to be tackled. If you're lucky, all the plugs and pins would match up, but I doubt it. You'd have to cut and splice harnesses I'm guessing. Then getting the cold air from the a/c would just require some custom ducting.

I've never looked into this, but I'm guessing this would just be the case. There might be another smaller blower motor in the caddy seats too. Not sure tho. I like the idea of a/c'd seats, but I don't like the look of perforated seats in an SS. If someone is willing to give me some caddy seats, I'll try it and let everyone know what is really involved :jester:

im pretty sure there is no a/c ducting involved. i belive they just have small fans in them that blow cold air through the perforation in the seats. well that what it looked like when we had one apart at the dealership i work at

im not 100% on the mounting but i belive it is the same. but i think only the platnium escalades had the a/c seats. i only ever seen them in the tan color. i dont think they made a gray interior in those and even the black was still a 2 tone interior i belive. i dont think they made the seats in the second gen escalades black ever. just tan and a special leather that was a dark brown and the 07+ newer body cadillac trucks are a completly differnt style, although those are made in black i think the mounting set up would be very differnt. sound weird i remember some of this but i worked a cadillac dealer for 4 years

Just curious if you bolt up a set od nnbs seats in a nbs truck what do you do about seatbelts since the nbs seats have the seatbelts in the seat and im pretty sure the nnbs seat belts are on the door?