Low Oil Pressure

Well i finally finished putting everything back together started the engine and it fired right up with no valvetrain noise. but my oil pressure is low due to what i think is the worn bearings. what do you guys think?

heres the video i recorded after it warmed up.

WHATS YOUR OPINION?

I did just the oil pump. With the mechanical gauge I just remOve the oil pressure sensor and replace it with the gauge or whAt?

Exactly, pull the oil pressure sensor, install the mechanical guage, and see what it reads(really, this should have been done before attempting the pump)........while you have the oil pressure sensor out, replace it, $40 of cheap insurance that the switch isn't f*cked up also(Borg Warner S4202, available at Advance Auto Parts)....

I kinda had an idea it might be that. Well I'm in search of an LQ9 now. Anybody in socal know where or who I can get one from? A friend of mine said one of his cousins might still have his from his totalled Ss. But I'm still waiting for his call back.

I kinda had an idea it might be that. Well I'm in search of an LQ9 now. Anybody in socal know where or who I can get one from? A friend of mine said one of his cousins might still have his from his totalled Ss. But I'm still waiting for his call back.

You are killing me, have you checked the oil pressure with a mechanical guage yet? It seems like you keep condemning parts before taking the proper diagnostic steps......get a mechanical guage, verify that the oil pressure is low, and go from there......

You are killing me, have you checked the oil pressure with a mechanical guage yet? It seems like you keep condemning parts before taking the proper diagnostic steps......get a mechanical guage, verify that the oil pressure is low, and go from there......

Just FYI Dan he had an aduible tick that got worse when he noticed the oil pressure issue the first time. Diagnosing with a mechanical gauge could have caused further damage. This is why none of us pushed him to hook a gauge to it however it was a suggestion.

The first question to the op should be....

Do you still have the noise?. As I said before, is it a tick (upper valvetrain) or a knock (lower engine).?

Normally (notice I said normally) these engines knock like a bastard when they lose a bearing.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Thanx sprayed99 for clearing that up. Lol well as of right now truck starts good no noise of Any kind. Oil pressure gauge still reading low. but i Took it for a drive and oil pressure Was good until I went overa bump and oil press went down to zero. When I reved it up to 2k oil went up. Now I'm going to check it with a gauge because there's no noise of any kind. If worst comes to worst I'm already talking to a Guy who has an lq9 for sale.