Headers

Zack95945

I am now trying to change my headers and I can't get the top bolt off of the bottom flange. The geniuse that built it made it so tight that I can't get a wrench in there. And on the other side the bolt is striped any ideas?

I am now trying to change my headers and I can't get the top bolt off of the bottom flange. The geniuse that built it made it so tight that I can't get a wrench in there. And on the other side the bolt is striped any ideas?

sawzall and a welder!:smoker:

Penetrating oil and once that sokes I'n, heat the surrounding area with a torch, get her nice and hot then "work" it out (rock it back and forth) until the bolt loosens. That's worked for me on many tough occasions. Oh and just vice grip the stripped bolt.

Had the same prob with mine. I just used a saws all and cut the exhaust pipe about 12" down from the flange. The manifold will still come off. When i tried to get the nut off after it was out of the truck it snapped the stud on one (heated up with a torch too) and the other two were removed with a breaker bar after being heated up.