I Pod To Stock Stereo

I noticed that on the stock head unit in my truck that it has a AUX button. I was wondering if i could hook up a AUX cord to plug in my i pod to, before i took the stereo out. If i have to get a new head unit then i dont wanna mess with it..

I noticed that on the stock head unit in my truck that it has a AUX button. I was wondering if i could hook up a AUX cord to plug in my i pod to, before i took the stereo out. If i have to get a new head unit then i dont wanna mess with it..

Peripheral makes an adaptor that plugs into the harness behind the HU. works great. I've had mine for a few years.

I also have peripheral. great tech support as well. i had trouble with the new ipod i bought and they sent me an updated kit. but it cost 30 for the swap. Ther is an AUX button but i dont believe they have a place to plug up any aux wires into the head unit. I wudve done the same myself if that was the case.

will the 5 dollar solution from radio shack work if you had xm? tell me how if it does

Yes...

What you need to do is go to radio shack and get this part...

audio jack

Then you need to pull out your radio, on the C2 connector, The 12 Way not the 24, find the three wires in positions; H (right channel), J (Left Channel), and K (common). Cut these wires but leave enough on both sides to splice new wires in. On the stereo side you will need to extend the wires to the radio shack jack and solder them to the two out side pins. H going to the pin that contacts the center of the male 3.5mm jack, J to the pin that connects to the tip of the male Jack. Both wires coming from K will be connected to the ring of the radio shack female jack. Connect the XM side of the wires to the remaing two pins. make sure you have your polarity correct. I.E. when there is no male jack present, the positive from XM should connect to the positive on the radio side.

Now when ever you want to hear XM, you can just select it on your radio, if you want to listen to any auxiliary source, use a male to male harness to plug into your jack and the radio shack unit will disconnected the XM audio source and play your new auxiliary audio. The only draw back it that you must select XM to hear the music. If you do not have an XM subscription, just chose an XM channel that is free and you will have sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Peripheral makes an adaptor that plugs into the harness behind the HU. works great. I've had mine for a few years.

What's the part umber on that. I looked it up and there I like 3-4 diff ones. I want a plug n play kit.

• 1 month later...