Cali Registration

T-Bag

Changes to Registration Renewals Due July 1, 2011 and Later

For vehicle registration renewal fees due July 1, 2011 and later:

•State law requires DMV to implement changes in the billing and renewal process for registration fees due on or after July 1, 2011.

•Registration renewal notices will be mailed out close to or on the expiration date. (Previously notices were mailed 60-days ahead of the expiration date).

•NOTE: Fees are still due for registration notices due prior to July 1, 2011.

•No money will be collected until renewal notices are issued. (Previously renewal fees could be collected up to 75 days ahead of the expiration date and were required to be collected within 30 days of expiration when part of another transaction such as a transfer of vehicle ownership)

•All customers will be given a 30-day grace period after they receive their registration notice. Penalties for delinquent payment will not be imposed until 30 days after the registration expiration date. (Previously penalties were due the day after the registration expiration date)

•Law enforcement is aware and will not cite vehicles until the first day of the second month after the vehicle registration expires. For example: A vehicle with a registration expiration date of July 10th would not be cited for delinquent registration prior to September 1, 2011.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel11/julyrenewals.htm

I've been wondering why I haven't rec'd my reg. 2 months before the due date like usual for my DD which is due July 8th.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

thanks for the info. i was wondering where my renewal was seeing mine expires on 7-31. i agree it sucks not knowing ahead if time what your fee's are going to be, but at least we get 30 days to find a 7-11 to get enough money to pay this Extortion they call California vehicle registration... :rant:

• 3 weeks later...

any one get their renewal yet? i just got mine today that is due on 7-31-11 mine states ..

Total due on or before 07-31-2011 $295.00

late payment postmarked. renewal

after 07-31-11 through 08-10-11 $337.00

after 08-10-11 through 08-30-11 $369.00

after 08-30-11 through 10-29-11 $486.00

maybe i'm getting old and have a hard time comprehending somethings, BUT WHERE IS THE GRACE PERIOD.. :dunno: you still have to pay on the date due, or pay the late fees..a grace period to me means not having to pay extra until after that time..WHAT :bs: and to top it all off, truck needs smog cert.. :banghead:

if it's not one thing it's another.. :sigh::rant: ...

I got mine on 7-7 due 7-8 lol, they include a litle green paper insert expalning we have 30 days from due date.

Right here sir:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel11/julyrenewals.htm :takealook:

i kinda get the green foam, but if i wait until the 8-30-11 to pay, i still have an extra $74.00 to pay..that's what i'm pissed about. we should get a free 30 days for all the tax we get raped on.... :lol:

thanks

got mine today, due date is 7/31 which is awesome cuz they bumped it back accordingly... also its only $289!!! FAWK YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'v never had to pay less then $400 since i got it, seeing that(i know thats still a lot compared to other states) made me genuinely happy...

-Rob

Got mine also today fellas, paying 250 due.next month. Sending out payment next week on monday. Thank god it was less than 300......oh and i just sent my last payment last week!!!

did u have to smog it? how'd it go with those LTs? It's paid off?! Now I can get my feria and my meal or what guey? hahahahahaha :jester::jester::jester:

did u have to smog it? how'd it go with those LTs? It's paid off?! Now I can get my feria and my meal or what guey? hahahahahaha :jester::jester::jester:

Dude not this year thank god.......i hope someone i know can help me out to smog it. Dude ok ok i will get you your feria dont trip and your meal. Damnnnn chavala lol

Dude not this year thank god.......i hope someone i know can help me out to smog it. Dude ok ok i will get you your feria dont trip and your meal. Damnnnn chavala lol

lucky!!!

in vegas i have to smog it every year

congrats on your last payment doesnt it feel good!

thnx to my brother i got mine cash but i still had to pay him $500 a month for like 7 months and after the last payment i felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!