Bcm

myblack04ss

does anyone know where the bcm is located and if so can i jus plug a new one in or does it have to be probammed first ......thanks for any help

BCM or PCM ?

why are you looking to change it .

The BCM is under the dash. What's wrong with the truck that you believe it needs to be changed :dunno:

:withstupid:

does anyone know if the bcm has to be changed to convert a manual ac unit to the electric unit the ss has??

I know there is more involved in swapping to the digital unit.

Re-flash BCM ,add temp sensors for zoning in the duct work. Change the blower control module on the HVAC case, find a wrecked truck to dig a harness out of then sort out the needed HVAC wiring according to the diagrams and transfer, modify to your existing harness.

The BCM is under the dash. What's wrong with the truck that you believe it needs to be changed :dunno:

i was told this from the guy on here that does the gauges because my gauges are only turning on everyone in a while and now they have just stopped working for the past two days ..... he said its proly the bcm not my gauges

Edited by myblack04ss (see edit history)

Remove the bezel and pull out the cluster. Check for loose wires and a good connection. Did it do it before you replaced the cluster? Maybe the person who opened it up messed something up inside. If it were the BCM, then I would think the other interior lights and features would have similar symptoms. If it didn't work at all, I would be more suspicious of the BCM.

Check all your grounds for cracked wires, corrosion, and loose connections. Also disconnect the neg terminal on the battery for 30min or so to reset everything. I doubt it is the bcm if other functions controlled by the bcm work.