Left The Windows Down On My Dd Cavalier Over The Weekend

jddmj

So I done a search with nothing so hear I am. During the week I drive a 2000 Cavalier 4dr, and on the weekend the 'rado gets the love. I parked the cavalier on Friday evening in its usual spot, but I didnt notice I left the windows down. Monday, I took a wild hair about me, and drove the truck to work. I came home to change parking spots, and have the Cavalier ready to go for Tuesday morning, and found the window. The interior is not exactly soaked, but it is damp. The seats feel damp, and you do soak a little water when setting in them. But the biggest problem is the STANK!!!! Any tips on how to cure this problem? The car is not in that good of shape compared to the truck, but I dont want to ride around in fealth. I just want it back to the way it was, Stanky Free!!!!!!!! lol Im just glade it wasnt the silverado lol HELP!!!!!

First get up everything you can with a wet vac. Shake some baking soda on and under the carpet and re-vac. Then put more baking soda under the carpet and vac it up after a week. Get a bag or two of Damp-Rid, some Febreeze, and some cool hanging pine trees :thumbs:

First get up everything you can with a wet vac. Shake some baking soda on and under the carpet and re-vac. Then put more baking soda under the carpet and vac it up after a week. Get a bag or two of Damp-Rid, some Febreeze, and some cool hanging pine trees :thumbs:

Pine Trees FTW!!!!!!

A couple summers ago I left the sunroof and windows all open in my DD one day and the skies opened up and flooded out my car. I spent a few hours using the shop vac and steam vac to suck up as much water I could and left the windows open and the smell never went away and I tried everything. Now in the summer time when its hot outside and if the car has been baking out in the sun, when I open the door to get into it, the smell almost knocks me out. : (

A couple summers ago I left the sunroof and windows all open in my DD one day and the skies opened up and flooded out my car. I spent a few hours using the shop vac and steam vac to suck up as much water I could and left the windows open and the smell never went away and I tried everything. Now in the summer time when its hot outside and if the car has been baking out in the sun, when I open the door to get into it, the smell almost knocks me out. : (

Dont tell me stuff like that, I hate a stank! lol

I had a leak in my old DD, my 1998 Crown Vic P71 Interceptor. My right rear floor used to flood, and flood bad with any rain storm. I crawled underneith and found a floor bung. I pushed up on the bung, and watched all the water drip out ... Way easier then using a shop vac. It would constantly drain, and eventually dry out. Only major rain storms caused this problem ..

So, check to see if you have a couple floor bungs you can pop out ... :thumbs:

The water is dried up for the most part I can tell. Not alot there to be honest. Just that smell. Its went away alot though, Been cracking my windows at work and setting it in the sun. Its helped alot.