Need Opinions

mcmahan

Hey everyone just ordered a set of these coil covers for the SS and I am going to get them color matched. As some of you know I am not going to go to crazy with the SSS but build a nice street/strip truck just to have fun in. I am wanting to do a LS1/2/3 intake manifold with a 90mm T/B and color match it as well.

My question is what intake should I use and what other mods do I need to do for it. I plan on doing all this when I install my 228R cam when I get home from this shit hole lol

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin

Link to the covers: http://www.holley.com/242-1.asp

Those covers are pretty sweet

Yea I hope they will look good with a intake color matched too, trying to dress it up a little

It's an improvement for the mess from factory, but I prob woulda saved some and got covers like Kevin (KRAMBO) did in his build. Those with a FAST truck manifold = ( . Y . )

What ones did Kevin get? Worse case senario I can always sell the other ones

I re read your OP like 15 times, each time I thought you said coil OVERS and I got all super excited at the potential of having coilovers on the truck.

SIGH.

Those look good though! I'm a fan thumb.gif

ROFL lol sry to let ya down brother

Thanks Justin

still love ya. NO HOMO YOU!!!!! lol

Seems Abear went outta business :sigh:

They would take some searching for if really wanted until another company starts making a similar good looking product :banghead:

What kinda budget do you have for these lil goodies Mr. Big Money Baller?

Other need to be mentioned goodies: TB upgrade, manifold, pushrods, springs, tc, and hanging scented pine trees to cover the reek of you being in a shit hole :jester:

Seems Abear went outta business :sigh:

They would take some searching for if really wanted until another company starts making a similar good looking product :banghead:

What kinda budget do you have for these lil goodies Mr. Big Money Baller?

Other need to be mentioned goodies: TB upgrade, manifold, pushrods, springs, tc, and hanging scented pine trees to cover the reek of you being in a shit hole :jester:

ROFL you bastard :jester:

all i need to do now is get a new TC I got the rest, you got to come up for the cam swap and Ill take to Nashville and show ya a good time

If I have time, I'd love to go up and help you on the swap.

I'll take you up on that date if it's alright with the wifey....you HOMO :jester:

Its cool we can make time lol

Those covers are not going to just bolt right on - we had to spend an entire afternoon on MidnightRidr's truck with a grinder, file, and cutoff wheel to make his Edelbrock ones fit - you will for sure have interference with the climate control box & pass-side firewall (I had to cut off over 1-1/2 inch) and the driver's side cover will need the front-inside corner to be 'dog-earred' to make room for the alternator, plus we had to drill a 3/4" hole in the rear driver's cover for the PCV hose. Make sure you plan an entire day to cut & test-fit before priming and painting, I'm sure they'll look good once painted but just expect a lengthy fitment. On the upside, yours will be one of the only trucks with the covers because nobody else will want to go to the effort to do the work required to use them!!

Mr. P.

Those covers are not going to just bolt right on - we had to spend an entire afternoon on MidnightRidr's truck with a grinder, file, and cutoff wheel to make his Edelbrock ones fit - you will for sure have interference with the climate control box & pass-side firewall (I had to cut off over 1-1/2 inch) and the driver's side cover will need the front-inside corner to be 'dog-earred' to make room for the alternator, plus we had to drill a 3/4" hole in the rear driver's cover for the PCV hose. Make sure you plan an entire day to cut & test-fit before priming and painting, I'm sure they'll look good once painted but just expect a lengthy fitment. On the upside, yours will be one of the only trucks with the covers because nobody else will want to go to the effort to do the work required to use them!!

Mr. P.

Well after hearing that idk now lol thanks Steve!!!!!

I think its work it to have something diffrent plus it will be a good project for me andmy dad, I havent been home in 4 years so I think this will be a fun father son thing