Cam? 218/230?

You need to research the purpose of installing a cam and how it effects performance before you talk about installing one. Sounds like for what ur wanting out of ur truck a cam isnt the avenue you need to take.

If it isnt then show me the right direction -_- if u kno it...

You have to understand, Brian's truck is for show. he is going to say something a long the lines of get a DD and go all out, including but not limited to chrome dipping the whole truck, or just leave it alone.:dbanana:

Oh trust me he knows it... as well as most. I you are keeping your truck as a DD and are concerned about mileage you need to step back and think.... you have a 5200-5500lb DD that already gets horrible fuel mileage. You want to make it faster but stay at the same mileage or possibly increase you fuel economy... The best way to do this is with a mp112 radix and keep it at low boost. This will give great low end grunt and easily add 100+ rwhp at the top of the powerband. With a cam you will be spending around 1000 installed and that doesnt include tuning, converter, all the misc. fluids and gaskets, and you will be border line with the injectors... so add it up and you are at 1600-2000 with quality parts and thats if you do most of the install yourself -or- buy a used radix for 2500.00 and it will make more power and while your foot isnt in it your mileage will not change and in some cases (HWY) your mileage could increase.

There are many ways to make your truck faster, but almost all of them will kill fuel economy....

Oh trust me he knows it... as well as most. I you are keeping your truck as a DD and are concerned about mileage you need to step back and think.... you have a 5200-5500lb DD that already gets horrible fuel mileage. You want to make it faster but stay at the same mileage or possibly increase you fuel economy... The best way to do this is with a mp112 radix and keep it at low boost. This will give great low end grunt and easily add 100+ rwhp at the top of the powerband. With a cam you will be spending around 1000 installed and that doesnt include tuning, converter, all the misc. fluids and gaskets, and you will be border line with the injectors... so add it up and you are at 1600-2000 with quality parts and thats if you do most of the install yourself -or- buy a used radix for 2500.00 and it will make more power and while your foot isnt in it your mileage will not change and in some cases (HWY) your mileage could increase.

There are many ways to make your truck faster, but almost all of them will kill fuel economy....

4700 with me in it...its a reg cab.. i get close to 400 miles to 22 gallons not bad for a truck..alright full bolt on it is then..lol thanks

My truck is just for show.....remember? :idiot:

Nancy, stop trying to start shit. You don't drive your truck unless it is to show it off, so "FOR SHOW" is exactly what it is, that why everything is "shiny"! So seriously stop trying to twist everything anyone says, your acting like this is jr. high still. Move on!

Nancy, stop trying to start shit. You don't drive your truck unless it is to show it off, so "FOR SHOW" is exactly what it is, that why everything is "shiny"! So seriously stop trying to twist everything anyone says, your acting like this is jr. high still. Move on!

........yup. Just for show

4700 with me in it...its a reg cab.. i get close to 400 miles to 22 gallons not bad for a truck..alright full bolt on it is then..lol thanks

sorry I forgot that .... of course change your tags of the side by your name and it needs to say fan and not VHO.

You asked advise and we are not trying to mislead you. You are wanting a cam for the right reasons (power) , but then wanting to keep your MPG... your right 400 miles to 22 gallons isn't bad, but its not great either. My last truck (04 Joe Gibbs ext.cab) was radix powered and made over 475 RWHP and I averaged 24 HWY and 18.5 city so you can make it fast and maintain fuel economy, but it takes a good combination of parts and I think you are looking at one avenue that isn't going to give you what you want.

The cost diffferece is about 500.00 if you install everything yourself if you don't the radix will be about the same as a cam, converter, and all with misc items you will need.

end result

cam and converter (worse mileage and at max 30-40 rwhp gain at the very top)

Radix at 6 psi ( same mileage if you keep your foot out of it and upto 100RWHP and a lot more under the curve torque)

Just comparing apples-apples with the same end result more power and maintaining fuel economy.