Leaks Yet Again, Need Help, New Location

Clean up the area with some degreaser and get off all the fluid already there. Drive around the block once or twice and visually inspect it again. Hopefully then you can pinpoint it. Can you get a pic for us?

Don't forget to check your fluid too.

Clean up the area with some degreaser and get off all the fluid already there. Drive around the block once or twice and visually inspect it again. Hopefully then you can pinpoint it. Can you get a pic for us?

Don't forget to check your fluid too.

Will do!

brand new trans so there should not bee to much dirt on that.

I will be sure to get a pic as well

When i noticed a spot (about 3" x3") i looked under the truck and saw the trans mount was dripping trans fluid. I got mad and took the 67 out to cool off....

Thanks for the suggestions/help. Will update ASAP

Who rebuilt the trans and who installed it?

Make sure to check everywhere it could possibly leak from. It could be a pump seal and it's dripping out the bottom cap in the bell housing and flying back hitting the crossmember as you drive. Check the lines and anywhere there's a seal or gasket. Basically just look over the entire trans. Waiting on an update tho.

Who rebuilt the trans and who installed it?

Make sure to check everywhere it could possibly leak from. It could be a pump seal and it's dripping out the bottom cap in the bell housing and flying back hitting the crossmember as you drive. Check the lines and anywhere there's a seal or gasket. Basically just look over the entire trans. Waiting on an update tho.

Performabuilt level 3 trans

Installed by a friends shop

Me and the installer went under the truck and it appears to be the gasket in-between the trans and the transfer case. He said it is a flimsy gasket, but he has not seen one leak before. He will be replacing this week. Would it be better to use a gasket or RTV or something?

Must have not sat right when they installed it and it broke....