Exhaust Help Ss In Distress

Vr03ss

I started off with a magnaflow 2 in 2 out muffler. It was too quiet for me. I just changed it out to two flowmasters with dumps. I dont know if its just me but it seems alot slower with the new setup. I dont have an x pipe im wondering if thats my problem. I plan on longtubes and corsa sport in the future, but thats not for a while

I plan on longtubes and corsa sport in the future, but thats not for a while

Always remember, when modding you get what you pay for. I have catless American Racing headers and Corsa Sport and it sounds awesome. Very loud and in most cases too loud for a daily driver but my truck doesnt see much road time. I have heard an American Racing/Corsa Touring setup and its definaly daily driver friendly. Quiet normal driving and highway, but LOUD when you open it up. These setups are pricey but as I said in the beginning, you get what you pay for

Disagree........My truck ran faster at the track with a flowmaster 50 then it does with the corsa sport on it now.

Are you comparing parts or are you comparing track conditions and parts too? Was the DA, temperature, ect the same as you ran with one setup to another? To say you ran faster with one muffler to another is hard to compare unless you swap them that same night with the same conditions

Always remember, when modding you get what you pay for. I have catless American Racing headers and Corsa Sport and it sounds awesome. Very loud and in most cases too loud for a daily driver but my truck doesnt see much road time. I have heard an American Racing/Corsa Touring setup and its definaly daily driver friendly. Quiet normal driving and highway, but LOUD when you open it up. These setups are pricey but as I said in the beginning, you get what you pay for

your truck is one of my favorite sss i have ever seen. i hear you on the get what you pay for. i have been getting impatient and tried being cheap. its my daily driver for now until i find something else, then it will be my weekend warrior. i got a backhalf malibu now but its not too street friendly and since gateway has closed down i decided to sell it and focus on the ss. next month im going to do headers, exhaust, cai, and tune. ill keep you guys posted

Are you comparing parts or are you comparing track conditions and parts too? Was the DA, temperature, ect the same as you ran with one setup to another? To say you ran faster with one muffler to another is hard to compare unless you swap them that same night with the same conditions

I have been to the track many times with the flowmaster set-up (which were my fastest times) and many times since the Corsa and have never ran nearly as fast and I sure the condition have been similiar because of the # of times I've been to the track.

Mainly posted because it's funny how alot of people say how flowmasters chock your engine and that just not the case. I only changed my set-up because I got tired of the highway drone. I loved my flowmaster.

Which model Flowmasters did you go to? I know it was only certain models that kill low end torque.....

I was running the 50 series........You don't remember hearing it pull away from you? :jester: