Fuel System Question

smalltownguy

why didnt you get a walbro pump? i think you just like spending more money...

Because he is unsure about the installation ...read the entire thread before posting you potato eating bastard :jester:

to the OP what you bought is the entire sending unit, pump, and bucket assembly... the 375 bucks is what they run that would be a direct drop in.

I would also replace the regulator and do that first so you can return the pump if the regulator solves your issue.

FYI Jon heres a link for you

http://www.idahopotato.com/

Because he is unsure about the installation ...read the entire thread before posting you potato eating bastard :jester:

to the OP what you bought is the entire sending unit, pump, and bucket assembly... the 375 bucks is what they run that would be a direct drop in.

I would also replace the regulator and do that first so you can return the pump if the regulator solves your issue.

That pretty much nailed it on the head... and im about to drive from tennessee to cali tomorrow so I bought the pump that I could swap out the easiest if i dont make it to Cali and get stuck in the dessert! I guess on the bright side of things since i bought the whole assembly i can figure out how to do the walbro pump without having my truck outta order and stick it in if i ever do serious mods, but idk i guess i just blew money! but does anyone know where the fuel regulator is on the truck??? maybe even a part number?

I think it's on the manifold,if you bought one you know what it looks like so just follow your fuel line from the frame up to the manifold, when you see the regulator match up to what's in your hand you found it...sorry I can't be more help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ill kill you... I read his thread and what I ment by my reply is dropping in a walbro is very common and very easy to do specially if your pulling the pump assembly anyway. To the op... sorry if I seemed rude I must have had a bad potato for breakfast ... lol good luck with the drive to cali im sure you'll be fine.