Anyone Knows Monster Transmissions?

hi there guys , as my tranny isn't working i am taking time to surf in web to see and compare pricing and quality, but i don't seem to find any testimonials that aren't provided by themselves,...

http://www.monstertrans.com/store/products/4L60E-4L65E-Transmission-High-Performance-2WD.html :takealook:

I know enough to be dangerous but cant go as far as to say im it. When Monster trans first came out about a year ago I seen a good handfull post up with more failures than praise. To me they market their product better than they build them.

There was a Guy here with that trans and after a few breakdowns he went and got an flt. IIRC

sent from my thunderbolt

:withstupid: I don't remember which member it was, but it was somewhat of a horror story........you'd be better off with a trans from a known 65E builder like FLT, Rossler, PerformaBuilt, or RPM......

:withstupid: I don't remember which member it was, but it was somewhat of a horror story........you'd be better off with a trans from a known 65E builder like FLT, Rossler, PerformaBuilt, or RPM......

iamwithstupid.gif i think he went threw 2 or 3 trans in a short time and monster said they would not replace it for him. then he made some you tube vids bashing them and they said they would take care of him if he pulled the video's bashing them

• 3 weeks later...

Check this site out: http://www.transmiss...r.net/4l60e.htm I dropped a Mega Raptor (700R4) into my '88 sileverado, it has a stroked 350 (383) which was estimated at 450 HP. I went to this company after breaking the Planet gears housing and also had a cracked reaction shell. These guys offer a level three and level four 700E (4L60E). It's at least a good read on general performance transmissions. If you have a reputable builder in your area, you get the HD parts from these guys. Their customer service was great and I had a stupid newbie question trying to set up my TV cable and they were very patient and got me on the right track. My Silverado SS has 118K and I'm starting to see and hear signs from the tranny. I'm going to call these guys when the day comes. Oh yeah, they'll also be able to get you the right torque converter to meet your needs.

Check this site out: http://www.transmiss...r.net/4l60e.htm I dropped a Mega Raptor (700R4) into my '88 sileverado, it has a stroked 350 (383) which was estimated at 450 HP. I went to this company after breaking the Planet gears housing and also had a cracked reaction shell. These guys offer a level three and level four 700E (4L60E). It's at least a good read on general performance transmissions. If you have a reputable builder in your area, you get the HD parts from these guys. Their customer service was great and I had a stupid newbie question trying to set up my TV cable and they were very patient and got me on the right track. My Silverado SS has 118K and I'm starting to see and hear signs from the tranny. I'm going to call these guys when the day comes. Oh yeah, they'll also be able to get you the right torque converter to meet your needs.

:closedeyes: