Cai Preferences?

NoTownBoi

Guest jasonhensley22

when you make that swap let me know how well it does in your truck

i haven't came across many people at all really that have intakes from GM but the ones i do see always seem pleased

I'll make sure to remember to post something about it and take pics as well. For me it should be better because I live in AK and having a covered intake is so much safer for the truck, especially when the volcanoes erupt and there is ash everywhere...

I'll make sure to remember to post something about it and take pics as well. For me it should be better because I live in AK and having a covered intake is so much safer for the truck, especially when the volcanoes erupt and there is ash everywhere...

please do, that would be appreciated.

thanks cheers.gif

VOLCANOES?? :devil: AWESOME.

And I decided to get the Airaid Jr. kit that comes with a free flowing tube and connects to the stock air box, which already draws cold air from the wheel well. I dont trust the open filters either, doesnt make sense to spend $300 to suck hot air. Anyway it's the tube and a nanofiber filter for $160 bucks, Ebay. Bolts right up to your stock box, and you dont have to move the MAF either. Installing tonight, will post pics.

Guest jasonhensley22

That sounds like a pretty cool mod for the intake, and it's cheap, always a plus. But yeah we have 4 active volcanoes within 50 miles of where I live and one went off a couple of years ago when I was deployed and came back to a truck that had a layer of snow, a layer or ash, and then a few more layers of snow on it...

Guest jasonhensley22

Okay guys so I took out the K&N CAI and installed my new GMPP Intake, and my antenna delete panel came in as well. So I took some pics. So far I like the GMPP intake better because the K&N whistles and I know a lot of guys like that but I don't, and I think the GMPP looks better, but it sure did cost a lot and took FOREVER to get here...

post-22957-033038800 1313631992_thumb.jpg

post-22957-093300700 1313632012_thumb.jpg

post-22957-002222600 1313632034_thumb.jpg

post-22957-047178600 1313632047_thumb.jpg

Also I am selling my K&N intake, $150 + shipping for anyone interested, just let me know.

Edited by jasonhensley22 (see edit history)

Okay guys so I took out the K&N CAI and installed my new GMPP Intake, and my antenna delete panel came in as well. So I took some pics. So far I like the GMPP intake better because the K&N whistles and I know a lot of guys like that but I don't, and I think the GMPP looks better, but it sure did cost a lot and took FOREVER to get here...

post-22957-033038800 1313631992_thumb.jpg

post-22957-093300700 1313632012_thumb.jpg

post-22957-002222600 1313632034_thumb.jpg

post-22957-047178600 1313632047_thumb.jpg

Also I am selling my K&N intake, $150 + shipping for anyone interested, just let me know.

haha Looks good. Good to see somone else using the GMPP intake. The only thing I did with mine, after a year or so a swapped out the paper filter it came with and put in the same size AEM dry filter. Id really like to figure out a way to add the Volant scoop to it. Looks good man :cheers:

Yeah I might do the same eventually. Hey quick question, how loud is your exhaust with those LT headers and the Corsa sport?

My Bassanis are actually mid legth. They go down all the way down to the factory cats. Its very mellow at idle but sounds good when you put your foot in in

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

Guest jasonhensley22

My Bassanis are actually mid legth. They go down all the way down to the factory cats. Its very mellow at idle but sounds good when you put your foot in in

Thanks for your answer bud, I currently am stock with the Corsa Sport and want LT's and no cats but man I don't want it to be much louder. So basically I am getting ARH LT's and keeping my Corsa, maybe i'll look into some resonators...?

Resinators would be a big help. With no cats the corsa sport as the old school motor boat sound to it. or, you could go with some high flow metallic substrate cats. I think flowmonster makes some. Minimal impact on flow but it will help take the raspyness out of it