Help!

rld233

My driver door was working fine until one day i pressed to unlock it and at same time pulled the exterior handle and the handle went loose now I cant get in from the outside. So, I would have to let the window down and open from inside door handle. That method was working fine until yesterday when the door unlocked and flew open while driving and in the process of trying to get it to attach it finally did and now I cant use the driver interior handle to open the door. So if there was any chance to fix it now I cant open the door to do so. I think something is obviously not attached anymore. Someone Please help me cause I do not know what to do!!!!!!!!!! Any information would be great 2003 silverado ss awd

I had this happen on another car I owned. It was due to trying to slim jim the door open. Inside the door cars/trucks have anti-theft devices. Last time was a simple spring that came detached. In your case it sounds like the spring might have broken. you will need to pull off the inner door panel and look to see if the attaching hardware is still intact.

sounds like you prob. broke one of the plastic connectors for the rod. id bet one of the rods is in a bind down in there causing the door latch to do crazy things. getting that door panel off with the door closed will prob. be a pain in the butt. however you should be able to get in there and use your hand to manually open the door by pushing down on the outside handle rod. most of the time the clip that connects the rod to the handle is what is broken so the rod should still be functional. just for your info the dealer will sell just the clip without buying the whole handle assembly, if they tell you to buy a whole handle assembly let me know ive got a few of those clips at the shop id be happy to send you one. good luck