Valvetrain Tick Too Loud! Need Help Asap:(

hey guys just got the cam swap and TC Done..

started it today and managed to get a log on HP...

My KR kept jumping from 2.1 to 0 then all the way up to 7.9 8.0 for awhile...

Whats the problem it could be????? need help fast. i put 7.4 pushrods in never checked mine.. just went off of the common one use in my motor..

Thanks, Mike

Edited by 1BadSilvy (see edit history)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt do dual springs and mine were pretty loud i hear duals r even worse have u had the truck tuned yet.....cause mine knocked rattled and slapped till it was tuned and also stalled anywhere under 1500rpms

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

i didnt do dual springs and mine were pretty loud i hear duals r even worse have u had the truck tuned yet.....cause mine knocked rattled and slapped till it was tuned and also stalled anywhere under 1500rpms

yeah it even has true duals on it... its not tunned yet but it does sound really bad the best way to describe it was it sounds like a desiel... and now after that log it wont crank back over and stay running...

is the cel on it could be misfiring

no the check engine light is not on.. and i did go from a stock cam.. but its more than a little chirp it sounds like metal on metal in there... so my guess whats i need shorter pushrods.. but im just trying to get advise before i have to spend more money

whats the specs on the cam... did it only do it at idle? my tuner told me that i was just hearing the blower slap, dont know if this was the case with u... and it only did it at idle and also after we got everything back together and started it up it idled on its own till it warmed up then i had to start it in nuetral at 5% throttle just to keep it from stalling sounds to me like this is just a tuning issue...

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

whats the specs on the cam

its the TSP 224/224R Cam with .581 lift and yes only at idle it was still on jack stands.. never got to drive it yet i was to scared to with all that metal on metal noise

the 7.4 should be fine and i would get it tuned if its only doin it at idle when its loping u can drive it 2 footed ad just dont let the rpms drop....if u need to drive that is, to the tuner or whatever......just remember that if u snap off the throttle its gonna stall...this is the same experience i had a week ago

the 7.4 should be fine and i would get it tuned if its only doin it at idle when its loping u can drive it 2 footed ad just dont let the rpms drop....if u need to drive that is, to the tuner or whatever......just remember that if u snap off the throttle its gonna stall...this is the same experience i had a week ago

okay man i was just wandering cuz the guy that is gonna tune it has it he an i are the ones that did the cam swap and all that.. but he is still kinda learning on the tunning part which is kinda bad and good..

okay man i was just wandering cuz the guy that is gonna tune it has it he an i are the ones that did the cam swap and all that.. but he is still kinda learning on the tunning part which is kinda bad and good..

the guy that is tunning my truck is wondering how tunning it would make a difference man? do you have any imput on this?? like what was adjusted in the tune???

not sure what u mean but the pcm is callibrated to the stock cam so a new cam (bigger) is gonna need more air and fuel.....im not a tuner so im probally way off.... but i think it has something to do with idle air demand?...once again im not a tuner but i do know that switching to a bigger cam or any aftermarket cam is gonna need to be tuned this one might be a lil to advanced for ur buddy lol not tryin to be rude but tuning takes alot of learning