Electrical Gremlin >:-/

canadianVRss

I've been having a few problems with the SS lately and another one emerged yesterday. I was driving to the store to check the mail and my Hvac system was totally overriden. It was set at 15c and lowest fan speed, yet was blowing full blast and hot as hell. I just though whatever I'll go check the mail and restart the truck, hopefully that'll fix it. I got the mail and came back, went to restart and all it did was click when i turned the ignition to the start position. Then nothing, like... Nothing was working total power loss to everthing. I popped the hood and figured out that if i flicked the little black box by the battery that it would reset and i had power agian. I went and turned the key and the same click and power loss happened again. It took me 8 trys until i got the truck started :-/ is that a relay or something? Everytime it trips it rests all the settings for the Hvac controls.

I can't picture that black box your are talking about but if it's a relay, remove the ground from the batt, check it for corrosion or broken wires, then remove the "relay" and check it for corrosion and or broken/loose wires. Go through the other wires coming from the black box to see if there is an wire that is cut or broken and arching on something.

I've been having a few problems with the SS lately and another one emerged yesterday. I was driving to the store to check the mail and my Hvac system was totally overriden. It was set at 15c and lowest fan speed, yet was blowing full blast and hot as hell. I just though whatever I'll go check the mail and restart the truck, hopefully that'll fix it. I got the mail and came back, went to restart and all it did was click when i turned the ignition to the start position. Then nothing, like... Nothing was working total power loss to everthing. I popped the hood and figured out that if i flicked the little black box by the battery that it would reset and i had power agian. I went and turned the key and the same click and power loss happened again. It took me 8 trys until i got the truck started :-/ is that a relay or something? Everytime it trips it rests all the settings for the Hvac controls.

Got any picks of that 'black box'?

I will assume the "little black box" is the battery control module on the negative cable.......and it sounds like a bad ground or loose/poor battery connection to me......

Yeah it's the little one on the negative cable. I checked all my connections and wires and they were all good except the positive on the battery terminal was cross threaded :happysad: i made sure they were all tightened and it hasn't happened again... Yet. Thanks for the help guys. As always good info!