Looking For More Power (Carb Legal)

Ruben525

Ok guys well I just got my shift kit and servos in and wow I love the way it shifts! So now I'm looking to get a lil more power out of the truck. I know there are always people asking how to get more power but since I'm in wonderful Calfornia I need carb legal parts. I know there's ways around smog but it's getting harder to find someone over here to do it and I really don't have time to go asking around. I would love a set of LT's but it's not gonna happen so anyone have any ideas on what I should get next? As of now my mods are a cai, some muffler with a turn down (not sure what brand) plugs, plug wires, 160 T stat, shift kit, corvette servos, and a tune from a local speed shop (thinking of going with a cable tune from black bear). I would love to hit 13's but I really don't want to spend a whole lot. Not sure what the truck runs now haven't been to the track yet.

this is the best we can do here.. :banghead:

http://www.bassani.com/part/601500C

maybe a mild cam swap. if you can keep your HC/CO's within spec, your cats are there, sounds stock, then it must be a stock cam.. :laugh: blower, someone must make a CARB blower. i know what your saying about it's getting harder to find someone to look the outer way. just got mine done last week, and the guy who has been smogging my vehicles for years, is now asking for CARB stickers for my intake and TOG's.. :idiot: but there is a rummer around town that for $200 plus the cert. one guy will play Ray Charles for a couple of min..

good luck..

yeah go with those Bassani mids, bigger injectors. You could also go with that Fast LSXRT intake manifold, bigger TB and even a mild cam as long as it's mild enough to pass the sniffer, A good re-tune can tie all this together and keep u sniffer test/CARB ready.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-146602/

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

this is the best we can do here.. :banghead:

http://www.bassani.com/part/601500C

maybe a mild cam swap. if you can keep your HC/CO's within spec, your cats are there, sounds stock, then it must be a stock cam.. :laugh: blower, someone must make a CARB blower. i know what your saying about it's getting harder to find someone to look the outer way. just got mine done last week, and the guy who has been smogging my vehicles for years, is now asking for CARB stickers for my intake and TOG's.. :idiot: but there is a rummer around town that for $200 plus the cert. one guy will play Ray Charles for a couple of min..

good luck..

How much are they? Are they as good as LT's?

yeah go with those Bassani mids, bigger injectors. You could also go with that Fast LSXRT intake manifold, bigger TB and even a mild cam as long as it's mild enough to pass the sniffer, A good re-tune can tie all this together and keep u sniffer test/CARB ready.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-146602/

That thing is nice!!! Will it fit?

How much are they? Are they as good as LT's?

unknown on price, but guessing $600+. mid's will never be as good as LT's but i think they will hold their own to about 4500 rpm. with the 1 5/8 tubes, and 2 1/2" collectors should give a good boost in low end TQ. I've got TOG's now and if CA is cracking down on OE # i may have to switch them out.. can't find the OE # or my paper work for them... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: