Follow Up On The Zr1 Fail.

70chevy03ss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SYNr6_IMO8&feature=player_embedded

Heres the statement from LSXtv

This past Monday we brought you the story of how a ZR1 driver took $100k+ worth of Corvette and smashed it into an SRT8 when he tried to show off his mad driving skills for the camera, and now Jalopnik has the story and video of the aftermath.

Apparently, the two cars were in fact street racing, but were both able to avoid getting charged thanks to the ZR1 owner taking full responsibility for the whole thing. The SRT8 owner actually showed the police the video of the wreck, and persuaded them that he was just trying to catch a video of his “favorite Vette” driving by, rather than capture a street race. You’ll notice in the second video, that the SRT8 driver has a much different tone than in the first installment. I’m sure it has something to do with realizing that anyone who owns a ZR1 should have no problem paying to fix a Chrysler.

Perhaps one of the most amusing things about this whole story is that apparently this wasn’t the first time the ZR1 had been in a situation like this. These are the words of the SRT8 Driver, as quoted by Jalopnik:

“The guy was rich and didn’t care at all about the car, only that he was gonna have to put it “BACK” and yes I mean “BACK” in the shop. Wasn’t his first accident in it. He clearly stated this many times on the side of the road. I don’t care to share his story for that one. He should be embarrassed enough.”

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

Guest jasonhensley22

BACK IN THE SHOP! Aren't those cars made out of carbon fiber? How in the hell do you fix that! (I ask because I work on the F-22 Raptor in the Air Force and I know that when we break a panel, we have to replace it, theres no fixing it, AND my bicycle is made out of carbon fiber and it got a small crack in it once and the WHOLE frame had to be replaced...)

If this story is true, that is some major BS. Many people are thinking that he's an idiot for wrecking the (IMO) nicest newer factory made vehicles in the world. I think he is a P.O.S. for having no respect for others lives. If this isn't the first time he (ZR1 owner) has done something similar to this, and blows it off as he has to take it "Back to the shop" with out the thought of the possibality he could have taken his own or some other person(s) life should be put in a jail cell. Put him in jail, fine him to the point where he can't afford to drive anything at all, and put the fine money back into the economy.

People like this chap my ass if you can't tell. :locked02:

If this story is true, that is some major BS. Many people are thinking that he's an idiot for wrecking the (IMO) nicest newer factory made vehicles in the world. I think he is a P.O.S. for having no respect for others lives. If this isn't the first time he (ZR1 owner) has done something similar to this, and blows it off as he has to take it "Back to the shop" with out the thought of the possibality he could have taken his own or some other person(s) life should be put in a jail cell. Put him in jail, fine him to the point where he can't afford to drive anything at all, and put the fine money back into the economy.

People like this chap my ass if you can't tell. :locked02:

so youv never raced anyone? or even broke the speed limit on a road? what your saying is anyone caught doing something stupid should be locked up

Yes I actually went 38mph in a 35 today past a road side radar. And a Honda FIT was messin with me two days ago and wouldn't let me in the slow lane so I could get to my exit so I gassed it past him. Did I put myself or others in danger doing it??? No.....

I know if I were to cause an accident like the ZR1 driver has (according to the op) multiple times, I would either stop acting like a jack ass and be more responsible, or take a look at what could have happened and thanked god that the outcome to the situations were not worse.

The jail thing is like the 3 strike your out. He might have caused 1 or 10 accidents. Do you want him coming up next to you to show you how he can fuk up your truck and possibly injure you or someone with you or cause a death? Nikko I hope you have more common sense to see that stupid people do stupid things. And if a stupid person keeps doing something stupid, the law of averages takes place. The next time it can be you be you! Take out the variable in the situation (ZR1 driver) and it won't happen. Let people get away with high insurance and repairs that the person can afford anyways, and they will keep doing it. Give someone time to think, and a consequence for future decisions, and it will change most people.

Yes I actually went 38mph in a 35 today past a road side radar. And a Honda FIT was messin with me two days ago and wouldn't let me in the slow lane so I could get to my exit so I gassed it past him. Did I put myself or others in danger doing it??? No.....

I know if I were to cause an accident like the ZR1 driver has (according to the op) multiple times, I would either stop acting like a jack ass and be more responsible, or take a look at what could have happened and thanked god that the outcome to the situations were not worse.

The jail thing is like the 3 strike your out. He might have caused 1 or 10 accidents. Do you want him coming up next to you to show you how he can fuk up your truck and possibly injure you or someone with you or cause a death? Nikko I hope you have more common sense to see that stupid people do stupid things. And if a stupid person keeps doing something stupid, the law of averages takes place. The next time it can be you be you! Take out the variable in the situation (ZR1 driver) and it won't happen. Let people get away with high insurance and repairs that the person can afford anyways, and they will keep doing it. Give someone time to think, and a consequence for future decisions, and it will change most people.

i hear you all the way on stupid people do stupid things. i see it all the time. i just thought you were making a post saying you were mr.perfect strait edge and anyone who isnt should be locked up. mis communication pepsicheer.gif