Drop In Coilovers For Silverado Ss.

NORCAL SS

A coil over with the stock leaf springs with the rating you mentioned would be a harsh ass ride and wouldn't take care of any axle wrap. The only thing the coil overs will do is allow you to raise or lower the rear with the leafs still in there. To set up anything like this, a set of double adjustable shocks, and a trac or long bar with the leafs would be the best route. The rear shock mounts will need beefed up if you were to put the coilovers on it.

I am in the design and fab stages of a trac bar setup for mine, and plan to run double adjustable QA1's. Through a few sources I have talked to and based on what I want to do with my truck in the future I am designing a whole new rear suspension (without leafs, with coilovers) and through a few other sources spring rates for that suspension for an all around (town, track, strip) setup would be at most 325# springs. This depends on which length coil springs I needed for the travel.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coil over with the stock leaf springs with the rating you mentioned would be a harsh ass ride and wouldn't take care of any axle wrap. The only thing the coil overs will do is allow you to raise or lower the rear with the leafs still in there. To set up anything like this, a set of double adjustable shocks, and a trac or long bar with the leafs would be the best route. The rear shock mounts will need beefed up if you were to put the coilovers on it.

I am in the design and fab stages of a trac bar setup for mine, and plan to run double adjustable QA1's. Through a few sources I have talked to and based on what I want to do with my truck in the future I am designing a whole new rear suspension (without leafs, with coilovers) and through a few other sources spring rates for that suspension for an all around (town, track, strip) setup would be at most 325# springs. This depends on which length coil springs I needed for the travel.

im talking about the front not rear.

From my research this is NOT a bolt in deal... while the lower control arm can handle the coil over, the top shock mount will not, and will need to be beefed up as well as integrated better to the frame. Not saying that it will not work...

hatersgonnahate.jpg

is it may yet?

that is funny as hell. that made my morning shaun!

btw tony this is the front setup ive wanted to do since i got the truck. so much adjustability over the tbars. keep us updated as you get this figured out. thanks gary

Edited by smoothdime (see edit history)

that is funny as hell. that made my morning shaun!

btw tony this is the front setup ive wanted to do since i got the truck. so much adjustability over the tbars. keep us updated as you get this figured out. thanks gary

i will try my best to make it a bolt in deal. If worse comes to worse lower a arm ill cnc cut a plate to weld onto lower a arm to help support the weight.

Anymore insight keep it coming im just getting ideas here.

NOT SELLING ANYTHING HERE JUST SEEING IF I CAN GET SOMETHING FOR OUR COMMUNITY SINCE IM LOOKING INTO GETTING A 06 SSS SOON.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

yeah people sent me a pm on that thread esp the 30 percent cheaper lol.

Im waiting for a email back for past few days havent got anything and this thread is for interest only. Nothing offered yet.

Yeah it sure is funny Tony... you are openly violating forum rules and making money reselling parts. I'm not goint to let this die. Your words to me were I will beat any price... you said XXX amount and told you I found it for XXX and you said I will match it and thats the best you can do which was 360.00.... I then took 2 minutes of searching and purchased them for 270.00... Do the math! Your so called bottom dollar was over 30% compared to what I paid from a reputable internet reseller!

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Yeah it sure is funny Tony... you are openly violating forum rules and making money reselling parts. I'm not goint to let this die. Your words to me were I will beat any price... you said XXX amount and told you I found it for XXX and you said I will match it and thats the best you can do which was 360.00.... I then took 2 minutes of searching and purchased them for 270.00... Do the math! Your so called bottom dollar was over 30% compared to what I paid from a reputable internet reseller!

If you found it cheaper great That's not a biggie at all Actaully im interested on what parts you were looking at where I was that much off because my pricing is pretty good on the djm and belltech but hey you will always have someone cheaper that's why I say shoot me a link if I can't beat it so be it if not ill be straight up with them I've seen people on blowout specials going out of business selling belltech spindles for 100 bucks. I can't touch that.

I emailed months ago about becoming a reseller here and just again pmd a mod hoping someone would get back to me. Like the post you put up i read no one got to me. Also since ive been on this board over 5 plus years ive sold at most 30 items at most which I also sent to the mod.

I get more pms and emails about what kit to go with and tell people what I use and I never really get a sale out of it and I'm not worried about it because if I can get someone to spend their money the right way and be happy with a kit i will even if its not bought thru me.

One more thing did the place you got your parts from are they

1) on here helping our community?

2) did they set up a national sss/tbss track national event?

3) did they talk to belltech and both djm and even paid out of there pocket to bring parts for the silverado ss guys for raffle drawings?

I think im more than just a "vendor" on here.

If you found it cheaper great That's not a biggie at all Actaully im interested on what parts you were looking at where I was that much off because my pricing is pretty good on the djm and belltech but hey you will always have someone cheaper that's why I say shoot me a link if I can't beat it so be it if not ill be straight up with them I've seen people on blowout specials going out of business selling belltech spindles for 100 bucks. I can't touch that.

I emailed months ago about becoming a reseller here and just again pmd a mod hoping someone would get back to me. Like the post you put up i read no one got to me. Also since ive been on this board over 5 plus years ive sold at most 30 items at most which I also sent to the mod.

I get more pms and emails about what kit to go with and tell people what I use and I never really get a sale out of it and I'm not worried about it because if I can get someone to spend their money the right way and be happy with a kit i will even if its not bought thru me.

One more thing did the place you got your parts from are they

1) on here helping our community?

2) did they set up a national sss/tbss track national event?

3) did they talk to belltech and both djm and even paid out of there pocket to bring parts for the silverado ss guys for raffle drawings?

I think im more than just a "vendor" on here.

you are right you are more than a vendor. You actually have people call you and you try to sell them things... so what your title should be vendor/salesman.... I didn't ask about the parts I called for a question about a different vehicle and you asked what my plans were... then came the sales pitch...

1) Maybe I need to start asking for money to "help" the community

2) You mean the 2010 KCR custer fvck fest?

3) You have made plenty of money off the TBSS community to give a small bit back!

Just pay your dues like other vendors here... I had to in the past and you shouldn't get a free ride.

you are right you are more than a vendor. You actually have people call you and you try to sell them things... so what your title should be vendor/salesman.... I didn't ask about the parts I called for a question about a different vehicle and you asked what my plans were... then came the sales pitch...

3) You have made plenty of money off the TBSS community to give a small bit back!

Just pay your dues like other vendors here... I had to in the past and you shouldn't get a free ride.

On the national event it rained cant do much about that. At least next year they didnt charge more from 1-10 pm track rental and ill be bbq. As for money of the tbss community I honestly wonder how much do you think I make?? Do you think people are buying lowering kits like crazy on there? Do you think people are buying lowering kits like crazy here?? I don't charge member/advertising fees on my site and even my new ctsvowners site i don't so not sure how you get off by saying the people here sponsered my caddy mods. Since I bought the caddilac I've sold a set of rear shocks a guy emailed me about from here. That will be 2 months next week.

I have a union job here in SF which pays for it all pretty much. The websites i have i use as a business advertisement write off on my cars so now I can get some money back.

As i said i sent a email nothing back

nobody got back to me after the post you put up either

i pmd a mod and now a admin today

If for 25-30 items sold on here over the past almost 5 years ill become a vendor thats fine.

Internet cry baby strikes again jerk.gif

On the national event it rained cant do much about that. At least next year they didnt charge more from 1-10 pm track rental and ill be bbq. As for money of the tbss community I honestly wonder how much do you think I make?? Do you think people are buying lowering kits like crazy on there? Do you think people are buying lowering kits like crazy here?? I don't charge member/advertising fees on my site and even my new ctsvowners site i don't so not sure how you get off by saying the people here sponsered my caddy mods. Since I bought the caddilac I've sold a set of rear shocks a guy emailed me about from here. That will be 2 months next week.

I have a union job here in SF which pays for it all pretty much. The websites i have i use as a business advertisement write off on my cars so now I can get some money back.

As i said i sent a email nothing back

nobody got back to me after the post you put up either

i pmd a mod and now a admin today

If for 25-30 items sold on here over the past almost 5 years ill become a vendor thats fine.

I had a good time at nationals even though it rained. AND I got plenty of racing in on the way back. Got to spend time with some quality people, and some that turned out to be lowlife pieces of dog **it. I can't wait until next year when more true colors come out :)